Thread: ESA Phone backs

Unhappy ESA Phone backs

I have now been without ESA since Nov 18th. I am now due to receive it again my confirmation of appeal having come through. They claim they need to call me back, but they ring for about 0.5 secs so that by the time I pick the phone up their number comes up and a missed call. This is obviously very dishonest. They did it 8 times today, once in front of my MPs assistant who was on the mobile at the time, and so could hear their ringing. My question is this, is there any way I can request a log of DWP telephone calls so that I can prove they are making these split second telephone calls?

You can request a copy of the information the DWP holds about you using a Data Protection Act 1998 subject access request.

Details of how to do this, and a link to the form you need to use, are in the DWP's Personal Information Charter. Make sure you request clerical as well as computer records relating to Employment and Support Allowance, as the information you are seeking may well be amongst the clerical records.

glasgowadviser
    a local advice agency may have an "escalation policy" with the dwp so can call managers etc. go to one and find out.

be aware though they will have to start at point 1 by calling the generic numbers as part of the deal with advisers getting these contacts is that we don't "abuse" them.