Thread: esa appeal is this normal?

esa appeal is this normal?

Its been 16 months now and i still havent got an outcome for my esa appeal, should it take this long?

If your case is now with the Tribunal Service, as I imagine it should after 16 months, give your area office a ring. The number should be on the letter received following the transfer of your case, quote your case number and ask for an update on it's progress to hearing.

Ive rang them i lost my appeal December 2013, does that now mean thats the end my claim forever? not sure what the next step is i have mental heath issues and arthritis in both my knees, im currently having physio and im awaiting help from Mind due to my issues i dont leave my home ive become a recluse.
    Can anyone please tell me what i should do now?

Can i reapply for ESA?

Providing the original decision to disallow your ESA was 6 or more months ago you can make a new/fresh claim. As you are in touch with MIND I would strongly suggest you contact them to help you make any new application, they have some very good Welfare Workers that understand how to do it to best effect also speak to your GP.

Good Luck with it.

glasgowadviser
    did you request an oral hearing for your appeal? if not you could still get the tribunal decision set aside but you will need good experienced advice to go through the steps needed. you may also need medical evidence re your health. its worth a shot.