Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Renault Captur and New Qashqai?

Managed to get to the Nissan dealer this morning, new Qashqai is nice, def. larger inside than the old one as I could manage to sit in it without my head hitting the roof lining!.

Good points,

Rear sideways visibility (over the shoulder out the back side windows) is better then the C4 Picasso
    Seats are pretty comfortable
    Boot is a good size
    Approx: 1 month wait time

Bad points,

No option for the heated windscreen as an extra on the Acenta Premium version
    Driving position is cramped across my knees, centre console hits the left one, diagonal door handle hits the right. Probably not an issue for those under 6 feet tall.
    Rear visibility is not great, certainly smaller than my CRV but it does have a camera!.
    Just about room to squeeze a six footer behind with the front seats right back, certainly a lot less rear legroom than my CRV.

Other than that, my daughter wanted it in Nightshade, had a look at one and it looks black!, nowhere near as purple as it does in the brochure but salesman reckons it changes when it's a sunny day!.

So, now I have a more thinking to do .....................
    Last edited by phaedra; 22-01-14 at 15:32.

The Nightshade does turn purple on a sunny day, it's a lovely colour.
    My CMax is a dark grey but turns brown in sunlight.

You have to remember that you were treated well with your CR-V as it was a much bigger car in every way - it's in a few classes above the Qashqai.

The Qashqai is a medium sized family car/crossover built to compete with the Focus/Golf/Astra segment and not with the SUV segment (think CR-V, XTrail, etc), which might explain the internal dimensions being less than expected.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Indeed, the CRV has me spoilt rotten I'm afraid just a shame it's £1999 for a new one

I had another look at the Captur as well, happy enough with the room for me but when my son got in the passenger seat we were rubbing shoulders it looks like it's off the list as well.

I'll try and have another look at the C4 Picasso but the thing that stood out for me was the lack of over the shoulder visibility, maybe it's because I am tall but I could see very little out of the rear door windows with the front headrests blocking almost all of the view, the Captur and Qashqai had very good visibility.

Why dont you have a look at the Nissan X Trail? £1000 AP

I did, no parking sensors, restricted rear view and only 33-37mpg (real world). Even the £1700 N-Tec+ doesn't have parking sensors. For the same sort of spec. level the Skoda Yeti Elegance Outdoor Greenline II is a lot cheaper at £595 and has more rear leg room, better visibility and does around 50mpg.

Had a call from the Nissan dealer, was I interested in the Qashqai I went to see?, reason being he's just ordered one for someone and the delivery has now gone up to 2 months, 4th of April for any Qashqai apparently.

So, if I order one now for April and the delivery gets bumped yet again but the AP drops April 1st can I cancel it and re-order? Just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by phaedra View Post
    Had a call from the Nissan dealer, was I interested in the Qashqai I went to see?, reason being he's just ordered one for someone and the delivery has now gone up to 2 months, 4th of April for any Qashqai apparently.

So, if I order one now for April and the delivery gets bumped yet again but the AP drops April 1st can I cancel it and re-order? Just wondering
    Yep you sure can up until you enter that pin your under no contract so I was told anyway.....

Some Nissan dealer want part of your AP up front so I would be wary doing this (private buyers would usually lose their deposit).
    I would also bet against the same dealer taking the second order too - they will have to sell on the car you originally ordered at their cost.

The Qashqai is new out this month, and going by what Nissan's APs have been with the previous generation Qashqai I would be surprised if the AP differs much in the first few quarters.

I saw a Captur in real life today and was surprised how large it was considering it's based on a supermini, the boot is huge compared to it's competition (Juke, 2008, EcoSport, etc).
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

I was just pondering (as I do!).

I really can't make up my mind, the lack of "knee room" is constantly nagging at me, arthritis in both knees means they hurt quite badly if they're rubbing or knocking against a hard surface. I had the same problem with my original C-Max and ended up fitting a thick soft felt pad down the side of the central console so my knee wasn't hitting the hard plastic

Yes, the Captur is a lot bigger inside than it looks, headroom is about the same as the Qashqai but width wise it's a fair drop. I'm going to take another look at the C4 Picasso if I can get out again for a bit tomorrow as nothing else really ticks any more boxes.

Update!

Had another look at my friends C4 Picasso and not happy with the visibility, his C4 is off into the garage as the electronic handbrake failed, didn't disengage and is now very broken!.

So, having spent far too long thinking about this I've decided on the Qashqai, Magnetic Red in Acenta Premium trim

Rang the dealer to let him know and delivery has gone up by another week since yesterday (they must be selling a lot of these!) so should be with me mid-April.
    Last edited by phaedra; 28-01-14 at 11:31.

Did, done and sorted

Rang Motability at 9am about the extra delay and they've extended the lease on my CRV until April 30th.

Managed a quick trip to the dealer and it's ordered!, of course I forgot to take my DLA award with me (too busy thinking about toilets!!) but I've just emailed them a copy. Couldn't get anything out of them in the way of freebies, not even a set of floor mats! but they will put £20 of fuel in it for me!.