Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Renault Captur and New Qashqai?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Renault Captur and New Qashqai?

Has anyone actually seen or been inside the Renault Captur or the new Nissan Qashqai?.

I know the Qashqai isn't due in showrooms until the end of Jan/1st Feb but I'm still undecided which car to get, the current Qashqai hasn't enough headroom for me or rear legroom but both of these are reported to be much improved on the new version.

I was supposed to go look at the Captur this morning but didn't manage to get out (yet again) but I have a feeling I'm not going to fit in it despite the accessibility measurements from Ricability saying it's not much different to my current Honda CRV.

At the moment it's down to 3cars, the Captur, Citroen C4 Picasso and the Skoda Yeti, the Citroen is nice but visibility to the rear is a problem as the headrests etc. all block my view, also the sun visors hit my head (I'm 6' 5 1/2"), the Yeti is certainly big enough but the dealer is pants and there's no reversing camera, front park sensors or SatNav unless I go to the top trim which don't have the GreenLine II efficient engine. The Captur looks a good compromise (with a very low £95 AP!) but as I say I think it's going to be too small.

The new Qashqai looks to fit the bill, the Acenta Premium trim has everything I need and over 3yrs would be a cheaper option than the Citroen.

I have been in a Captur and all I can say is that it was big enough for me. I am 5ft 11inches tall and I weigh 21 stone.

I personally never went for the Captur and I ordered a Renault Scenic as it had far more Tech than the Captur, mind you the AP for the Scenic has now increased way up to £1,695 and if it had of been that when I put in my order, I would have had the Captur.

In reality you do need to sit in the car yourself as even if it was suitable for me there is no guarantee it would be suitable for you.

As to the Qashqai I believe it is a good quality car but the one I tried was just too small for me and I could not get in behind the wheel.

So do try and visit the dealers and sit in all the cars to fancy and that way you will know for certain if they are suitable for you or not.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    As to the Qashqai I believe it is a good quality car but the one I tried was just too small for me and I could not get in behind the wheel.

So do try and visit the dealers and sit in all the cars to fancy and that way you will know for certain if they are suitable for you or not.
    The New Qashqai is an even better car, Nissan have improved the interior quality and massively increased the space both in front and in the passenger compartment.

Unfortunately you won't get to see the New Qashqai at a dealership until February, however Auto Express are reviewing the 1.6dCi Auto in this week's magazine, it's their first proper drive in it, so we shall see how the UK spec car measures up.

If you would like I can do what I did with the Picasso and scan and send you a copy of the article on Wednesday evening?

As for the Captur, well there's a very good reason why you'd find it too small, it's based on the Clio and was built to compete with the Nissan Juke.

I think the choices you have narrowed down to reflect pretty much what I'm thinking, although I may have to add the new Leon Estate in there too.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    The New Qashqai is an even better car, Nissan have improved the interior quality and massively increased the space both in front and in the passenger compartment.

Unfortunately you won't get to see the New Qashqai at a dealership until February, however Auto Express are reviewing the 1.6dCi Auto in this week's magazine, it's their first proper drive in it, so we shall see how the UK spec car measures up.

If you would like I can do what I did with the Picasso and scan and send you a copy of the article on Wednesday evening?

As for the Captur, well there's a very good reason why you'd find it too small, it's based on the Clio and was built to compete with the Nissan Juke.

I think the choices you have narrowed down to reflect pretty much what I'm thinking, although I may have to add the new Leon Estate in there too.
    Auto Express Nissan Quashqi here: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/...ic-2014-review

Thank you

I almost got a Grand Scenic 2yrs ago when the original 3yr lease was up on the CRV but they let me keep it another 2yrs As you say the AP jumped by £1100 (also did the same thing in Oct 2yrs ago).

I really must get to a dealer and try the cars, my eldest came home for Christmas and unfortunately brought me a nice stomach bug which totally floored me for 4 days and is still hanging around, then I picked up the flu as well so still pretty run down on top of the usual mobility problems. My friend has a new C4 Picasso and has let me try it a couple of times but the lack of rearwards visibility and headroom are problems.

Thanks Paul, it would have to be something with the extra bit of height as I have trouble bending down to get in which is why my original C-Max became unsuitable after my car accident. I'd pretty much ruled out the Captur but with such a low AP it's certainly worth a try

I've downloaded the new Qashqai brochure and seen most of the online reports and if they are to believed the extra headroom will make it a feasible choice. Luckily I have a very good friend who will lend me whatever I need towards the AP, he said I should treat myself and go for the Tekna trim!, but to be honest (apart from the heated windscreen) there's nothing in the extras that I need, also my daughter would disown me as it has leather upholstery! (I could tell her it was simulated I suppose!).

Hopefully I'll get a good nights sleep tonight and try to have a quick look at the Capture tomorrow.

Once again thank you to both of you for your help, it seems like I've been dragging this out for ages!. My contract is up on Feb 27th so I should be OK to leave the final choice until I can see the Qashqai in the flesh in February.

If you have a Nissan dealership nearby, you could register an interest in the New Qashqai and ask them to call you when they have a demonstartor in?

I've done this with a few cars now, and you often get invited to an invite-only party with free food and drinks and them showing you the car behind closed doors.
    Motability Car History
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Thanks Paul, there's a Nissan dealer about 5 miles away, it's almost next door to the Renault dealer so if I manage to get out I'll pop in and see what they say

Update!.

Only managed to get to the Post Office this afternoon and had to come home However, phoned the dealer and the new Qashqai will be in on the 22nd, he's going to ring me and let me know if it's any sooner and arrange a test drive
    Last edited by phaedra; 07-01-14 at 14:38.

Small update.

Managed to get to Durham this morning and had a sit in a Captur, surprisingly there's enough room for me!. It's obviously nowhere near as roomy as my CRV but there's enough room to manage and with the seat right down about 2 to 3" of headroom So while it's not perfect it's certainly driveable and with an AP of only £95 extremely good value!.

Couldn't give me a firm delivery date until they ordered one, I asked about the R-Line upgrade pack, better sat nav, enhanced stereo etc. he guessed about a 2 month delay however, the last Clio they ordered with the pack was delayed twice and ended up taking 6 months to deliver!!.

So, told him I was quite happy with 2 months but would be looking at the Qashqai in 2 weeks time and would let him know then.

Cheers for that, I read it yesterday the only thing the magazine adds to the internet is more pics.

The Autocar magazine also pits the New Qashqai against the Golf Estate - which is an interesting comparison as they are both on my list.
    Motability Car History