Thread: QashQai 1.5DCI 360 M

QashQai 1.5DCI 360 M

My question,paul maybe able to help with.iv had this car for about 7 months and just passed 3000 miles.The problem seems to be no power at low revs,if i switch off the traction control it helps.But alot of the time both lights come on in instrument panel indicating a possible fault which clears if ignition is reset.The manual says after 3000 miles fuel and performance should improve,but am not noticing any difference.Should i ask the dealership to check it out ?.Also from cold it sounds like a very very old clapped out taxi.A bit of an embaresment to say its only 7 months old.Hope somones got some advice for me.

Any warning lights should be checked out by a mechanic at the earliest opportunity. It sounds like you might have some sort of fault relating to the engine management system. There are likely trouble codes recorded in the system which will give some insight into what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Flymo View Post
    Any warning lights should be checked out by a mechanic at the earliest opportunity. It sounds like you might have some sort of fault relating to the engine management system. There are likely trouble codes recorded in the system which will give some insight into what is happening.

Agree with Flymo warning lights and loss of power could mean the car has gone into limp mode.Book it in to the dealer ASAP.

With modern cars if I light comes up on the dash you need to take it to the dealer or call out the AA to look at it, as your vehicle is a diesel it could have a semi- blocked particulate filter, this is found in the exhaust and on vehicles that just do town driving this filter can get blocked.
    A run on the motorway once a month can help to keep it clear but if it's become too blocked the dealer will need to flush it...or replace it.
    particulate filters are a real pain for diesel drivers doing low mileages and town driving, petrol powered cars are better for city commuter driving.
    Last edited by uncle bob; 05-01-14 at 20:00.
    Motability vehicle history....
    1996 ford galaxy,1999 VW T4 window van (Ricon tail lift ), 2005 VW T5 window van (Ricon tail lift)
    2011 Mercedes Sprinter (Ricon tail lift), 2018 Renault Master MWB (Braun taillift)..all vans have been wheelchair accessible.

Definitely book in with your dealer, don't call the AA (as a Motability customer you get membership with the RAC and not the AA). You could also try posing your question on the Qashqai forum http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/forum...71b9bze7003125

The noise of the 1.5 diesel unfortunately is normal, that's exactly how all of them sound when the engine is cold, it does get better when warmed up though.

I think UncleBob is correct, with your current mileage of only 3000 miles in 7 months, that equals approximately 5,000 per year - that really isn't enough miles for a diesel. You'll most certainly be clogging that DPF, the only good news is whilst on Motability you will be covered for the problem.

I'm really shocked that the dealer didn't ask about how many miles you'll be doing, as you really should be driving a petrol. The petrol would only have cost £56/year more to run too. (Use my Petrol v Diesel Calculator)
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Yes sorry RAC not AA , touch wood I've not had to call them out
    Motability vehicle history....
    1996 ford galaxy,1999 VW T4 window van (Ricon tail lift ), 2005 VW T5 window van (Ricon tail lift)
    2011 Mercedes Sprinter (Ricon tail lift), 2018 Renault Master MWB (Braun taillift)..all vans have been wheelchair accessible.