Thread: Powered wheelchair travel insurance

Powered wheelchair travel insurance

Hello!
    Does anyone know of any travel insurance companies who will cover my electric wheelchair (NOT a mobility scooter).
    Ideally I wanted to find one that would cover repairs whilst away (I'm going to Torremolinos, Spain in Feb) but know this may be a tall order.
    I have found a hire place there so if my wheelchair breaks I can hire a new one for the rest of the holiday, but really want an insurance that will protect me and pay for repairs either abroad, or once back in the UK. Just want it to be as well protected as possible as breakages can get expensive.
    Any help or personal experiences are very welcome,
    Thanks!

Have a chat with Fish Insurance. Their Powered Wheelchair insurance may well give the cover you want.

I think you would be better using the company that I use, push n go, I think it's about 60 euro's for the week, because I have seen the state some of the electric wheelchair's/scooters end up, missing/damaged parts after being thrown about.

You should have insurance for it right now, here in this country. They ain't cheap, I know. So have a word and see your current insurance company do a travel insurance cover and explain what you need exactly.