Thread: PIP face to face interview

PIP face to face interview

Hi members, in 14 Days time I have Atos coming out to my home for a face to face assessment, I am new to this, what are they looking at/for - what sort of questions will they ask? Any advice or help will be appreciated

The "sort of questions they ask" relate to what you've told them is wrong with you, which could be ?????......
    Last edited by Jard; 31-12-13 at 13:37.

Good luck

See how you get on with this . . .

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

Will atos look around my house, examine my kitchen and bathroom? I told them I had difficulty cooking and eating, and had problems bathing/washing. My wife is very house-Proud and has the place immaculate, it looks like I/we cope well with my disability

Sorry to be so cynical Jard, but at my ESA ATOS assessment - they asked me three times "How I drank my Tea? Did I use a mug" they were trying to trip me up because I had stated that I could not pick up and pour a pint of milk. Do they use trick questions on the PIP assessment? (Assuming they turn up, Twice already they have not)

The guidance from DWP to the PIP assessment providers can be read in the PIP Assessment Guide. Section 2.6, starting on page 28, is the section most relevant to your query.

Expect the "typical day" format of questioning, though the healthcare professional may adopt a different approach.

I doubt the healthcare professional will look all round your house, as they cannot do this for someone assessed in a centre and there are potential ECHR Article 8 implications of going hunting through someone's private space. However, the healthcare professional is entitled to make whatever incidental observations they can about the areas into which they are invited, and they might ask for permission to see particular things.

Hi Tony, I've recently done a detailed log re a home assessment I had. Have a look it's quite detailed and this along with other logs on here will give you a good idea of what they will ask etc... Regards and good luck Garth