Thread: industrial injuries disablement benefit

industrial injuries disablement benefit

is industrial injuries disablement benefit means tested? I applied to fife council for housing and council tax benefit and they will only pay £30.00 of £63.00 rent as they say I am over the income that the government allows. I receive £129.28 iidb and £21.50 per week annuities making a total of £150.78 per week.

It is your Housing benefit which is means tested. The only benefit(s) that are discounted as income with regard to means testing that I know of is DLA/PIP, everything else counts as income.

NB: If in any doubt about what you are receiving contact CAB and ask for a full benefit(s) check to ensure your full entitlement, or you could try the Turn2us website and use their benefits checker which will give you some idea.
    Last edited by Jard; 23-12-13 at 18:38.

Indeed, basic IIDB counts as full income, except for Child Tax Credits where it's ignored (bizarrely).