Thread: Amazon - online shopping and click/collect

Amazon - online shopping and click/collect

Who is for internet shopping!!

Amazon - well no wonder retail shops are going bust as they can't compete with prices from Amazon and free delivery too.

Click and collect - the way forward.
    I'm really not keen on xmas shopping so I found online shopping at stores miles away a bonus as they'll deliver the goods to a local shop near your home before 2pm the next day. You just give them a reference and show ID - jobs done - ideal! This is actually better than waiting for a courier - this is going to take off in my opinion.

How do you shop and what's your experience of online shopping. And have you everused the online paypal method for secure payments.

All I'm doing today is wrapping presents!

i use on-line shopping as i can't get out so much but one thing people need to watch out for is these companies advertising products which they clearly do not have in stock and once they have got your money it is a nightmare trying to get it back.

if anyone wants to order make sure to check with them that they actually have the stuff in, also try and pick those who have contact phone numbers.

with paypal once you have set it up with your details then that is it, just a case of finding those firms who accept it, no messing around filling forms in with companies divulging loads of personal details. just a case of placing your order, logging to paypal then that is about it.

one thing never disclose any banking details such as passwords etc to anyone even if discussing it on here.

Indeed, internet shopping is the best. Oh my, have signalled the end of the high shreet?

I'm all for it. Although I did spend sometime at the shops over the weekend in London.

As for the end of the high street, well times do change. Shopping has evolved over the years, from small markets, to a few shops, to high streets, to out of town stores and no the internet. The way forward for the high street is to adopt shopping as a leisure experience, ie combine leisure activities such as cinema, spas, bowling etc within the high street

If I know I won't be home that day I use Amazon's click and collect at my local SPAR, just show them the code on my phone and some ID and collect my parcel.
    I also joined their 'Prime' membership for £50/year which gives me free next day delivery on the majority of their products.

I can't do high-street shopping in the run up to Christmas as that is when people abuse the spaces and I have to come home. I absolutely hate shopping anyway, so it would have to be something that I can't get online to bother.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Wish I could use click and collect but my nearest one is 2 bus rides and an hour and a half each way away. Would solve a problem for me if I could even manage to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    If I know I won't be home that day I use Amazon's click and collect at my local SPAR, just show them the code on my phone and some ID and collect my parcel.
    I also joined their 'Prime' membership for £50/year which gives me free next day delivery on the majority of their products.

I can't do high-street shopping in the run up to Christmas as that is when people abuse the spaces and I have to come home. I absolutely hate shopping anyway, so it would have to be something that I can't get online to bother.
    Before I knew that Amazon could deliver to a local shop I had a delivery made to my mum's as she has a porch that's never locked. I bought two cartons of t-disc Costa Coffees or about 80 coffees for half price. However the consignment said it had been delivered next door - it hadn't as they were abroad. I phoned Amazon to tell them the problem so they dispatched the same order for free. That ended up two houses away but at least they left a card.

The day after another neighbour dropped off the original package a wee after it had been delivered. I didn't send it back after all the hassle. So thanks to Amazon I received goods that will be used at a 75% discount. I'm all for online shopping.

This year I used Amazon.co.uk for nearly all my Christmas Shopping. I also joined Prime and it is great value for money as you get next day delivery anywhere in the the UK for Free.

Quite a few of the presents that I bought were for Family who live quite a distance from me, like 300+ Miles. So I ordered their gift from Amazon, Marked it as a gift and paid for it to be gift wrapped, £3.05. I then got Amazon to deliver it direct to this person and Amazon enclosed a Free Gift Card to say who it was from. Amazon then delivered it Next Day for Free as I have Prime.

Amazon e-mailed me with a Time slot when it would be delivered, as an example the one to my Sister said that it would be delivered between 16.07 to 17.07 Hours and the Driver would be David. I sent a text to my Sister advising her of this and she made sure that she was in her house during this time. I received a text back from her saying that the package was delivered at 16.31hours. I also received an e-mail from Amazon informing me that the package had been delivered on time at 16.31 hours.

Great service from Amazon as this saved me lots of time and money and I am very pleased with their Prime service.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe