Thread: My landlord want's me out HELP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My landlord want's me out HELP

Hope someone can help me. I am receiving incapacity benefits and i received a letter from the agency saying that the landlords wants me out by the 21st of January ( i received the letter on the 21st of December ), apparently he needs the flat for himself. Now, i am trully worried because i have no savings ( i obviously don't work ) and i don't know what to do, will the agency help me find a place ?? How about the deposit for the new flat, i don't have money for it, will they also help me with that? How does it work?? I will call the agency off course but it's weekend and i am worried sick about it, does anyone have and idea of how it works ?? PLEASE let me know.

Thank you,

Louie Martins
    Last edited by LouieMartins; 22-12-13 at 17:27.

You need to speak with your local council immediately, showing them the letter from your landlord. I'd ring them tomorrow and ask for a meeting with the housing officer.

In the meantime, you could ask to the landlord for an extension, maybe a couple of weeks, asking your landlord to consider your circumstances. It's worth a try.

thank you for your fast answer, i will call the agency first to see what solution they have.