Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have they now taken our £10 xmas bonus!?

I put in all the points of law that you mentioned and asked them to check if the interpretation was correct. Of course, the officials in these offices are not allowed to write letters of explanation and I simply received a message that £10 was being paid into my account. I hope that they looked into it properly and have sent payments out to everyone else who may have mistakenly not been paid. Regards, Bob.

I am on DLA High rate mobility and ESA Income related. I have received the £10 every year, however, nothing this Christmas, despite being sent a letter saying it will be in my bank first week in December.

I telephoned requesting info as to why nothing was paid. I was informed that because I am on Income Related ESA I am not entitled! and that the letter was sent out in error.

Confused as to why I have received every other year!

susie - you should have received Christmas Bonus with your DLA, assuming that you only receive income related ESA and DLA.

I suggest you contact the office dealing with your DLA and put the points of law in my earlier post to them. This is beginning to look like a widespread problem.

I received the £10 bonus attached to my carer's allowance payment in early December but I don't remember receiving the usual letter.

Looks like peoples experience of this is mixed - I suppose that with it not being a princely sum of money it is possible that some folk did receive the bonus but hadn't actually noticed it? I had to check back through my online bank account to find it and then it was only evident because the payment was £10 more than the previous and the following month.

I get carers allowance and lower rate care dla and never received a £10 bonus last december. I just checked my bank account and nothing tagged onto either of the allowances either.

Hubby gets lower rate care and mobility allowance and got it.

Should I have got it as well? Have received it in previous years .

Hi I've just had a letter from the Benefit Centre Gateheads and I receive ESA support group national insurance contribution and they have taken the Christmas Bonus off £0.00.
    Anybody know why ??

YEP - me too, didn't get it at Christmas either, I think they must be targeting all the good looking one's among us - wadda you folks think Sussie, gocat, Richard ???

Had my ESA letter about what they will pay me next year and the amount of Christmas bonus is shown as £0.00. Odd since I've received it every year since 2009. Will need to cut something out of the festivities this year!

Me too... My CB ESA letter also says £0.00 Xmas bonus. Also, there was no mention of the £10 Xmas bonus on my DLA letter i received a few weeks ago regarding the new April rates.

I moved from IB to ESA in 2012 and got an Xmas bonus then but never received one in 2013 (received an Xmas bonus for over 20 years previously).

Maybe they have changed the rules and only pay an Xmas Bonus for the first year of ESA then nothing... just a thought. Another way for the Government to screw the sick & disabled lol.

Found this on Eligibility that may answer the questions.
    https://www.gov.uk/christmas-bonus/eligibility