Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have they now taken our £10 xmas bonus!?

Have they now taken our £10 xmas bonus!?

Just wondering who has and who hasn’t received their xmas bonus? Or has criteria changed?

I have just checked last years statement for the same period (first 2 – 3 weeks in December 2012) and my partner received her £10 bonus in her CA payment, and I received mine in my ESA (IR) payment, not my DLA payment. This was confirmed by previous weeks and fortnightly payments.

I now find this year my partner again received £10 xmas payment on top of CA, yet my last payments of ESA & DLA have recently been credited, without any xmas bonus!

I have also read on a similar website that people are also quizzing this fact and asking if there has been any change in payment of xmas payment eligibility? I can say that since I became reliant on sickness benefits I have always received xmas bonus.

The reason why I ask is, not for the sake of the £10.00, but for the fact that these B’stards have already taken so much from people in our situations and positions, not just financially, but in many other ways, which has already worsened and exacerbated many 100’s of 1,000’s mental and physical health.

So, when did this xmas bonus criteria change? Another stealth change that we weren’t told about that got under radar?

Anybody else queried this?

Spencer.

Mine was deposited on the 4th December, I receive HRM DLA only.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Hi Spencer, I found this https://www.gov.uk/christmas-bonus/eligibility so if you qualify then chase them up for it.

My son has had his with his DLA, I am just waiting for mine with my carers allowance, I expect to get it next week

Cheers for replies.

This is what is confusing me. Don't have any more payments to come as received fortnightly ESA payment Monday & DLA today (early hours online bn=anking). It shows partner received her £10 in CA as said above, but nowt in my payments, whereas again after checking it was paid with ESA payment last year!

Would be the 1st year have not recieved it. As I say, know other peeps are receiving it as a single payment, as mentioned other site, but got me stumped. Again, damned if they're taking this away...proper scrooge if criteria has changed in past 12 months with no notification!

Will leave til Friday & chase it up at that point :-(

You only receive it on Contributions Based (CB) ESA, not Income Related (IR) ESA, look at the link Cornwell posted you. Though it does state DLA qualifies, so check that out again.

I've been wondering about the Xmas bonus too. My DLA is due tomorrow (Wednesday) so hopefully i will get it then.

Last year i received 2 Xmas Bonus payments one from DLA & one from ESA but that was because the DWP screwed up and paid some people twice and others missed out and had to phone up to get their £10.

I had mine at the beginning of December with my CB ESA, My Father-in Law, who is also on CB ESA has not had his yet.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jard View Post
    You only receive it on Contributions Based (CB) ESA, not Income Related (IR) ESA, look at the link Cornwell posted you. Though it does state DLA qualifies, so check that out again.
    I got my £10 bonus early Dec and Im on Income Related EAS have been for years

Well, i got my DLA today and there was no £10 bonus for me. Had a ESA payment last week with no Xmas bonus so it looks like i've missed out OR it could be as i received 2 payments last year i won't get any this year.

Anyone else who got 2 Xmas bonus last year received their's this year?

Not worth phoning DWP and being put on hold as it would probably cost more than the £10 bonus lol.
    Last edited by MalvernGuy; 18-12-13 at 13:20.