Thread: travel in Paris

travel in Paris

Hello, I'm new here via a fb link.

I'm currently planning our first ever trip to Rouen which requires us to get from Charles de Gaulle airport to Gare St Lazare. We are planning on using the Roissy bus which I have read about online but I have a couple of questions if anyone has any personal experience of this journey?

I am not a wheelchair user but I cannot walk or stand for very long! Does anyone know how far or difficult the walk is from Opera, where the bus drops off, to the station? Or how complicated it might be to get a taxi for this last bit of the journey? And in a worst case scenario, how difficult would the journey be by the Metro? I haven't yet researched whether the route is direct or requires a change of trains but I know there would be steps down and up out again.

Just reporting back answering my own questions Would highly recommend this way of getting from the CDG Airport into Paris.
    http://www.parisescapes.com/paris_cdg_to_paris_bus.html

The walk to the bus at CDG is not too far, level and partly undercover. The cost was 10 euro per person each way. I heard from a friend who did the same journey by metro how difficult I would have found that (lots of steps and one change to reach Gare St Lazare) whilst our busride was comfortable, relatively quick, and stress-free.

The walk from Opera to Gare St Lazare was also fairly short and good walking on mostly wide pavements. The station itself is currently being upgraded/renovated and there are a few seats there

Glad you had a great time

Just got home from our second trip to Rouen! This time we went on a short coach tour with Crusader Holidays (first time I've ever been on a coach tour) which included a visit to Monet's garden at Giverny. Had another lovely time and will write up more information, in a new thread probably best, when I've got my breath back.

Thanks I must admit I was very nervous about how I'd cope. Adrenalin usually comes to my aid in times of need but one can only run on that for so long!The first time doing something is always a worry, but now I know the ropes I hope we will go again, soon.

Good for you !

Paris underground is not good for disabled, I've struggled myself, they are trying but the pirority seats don't seem to be cleared when asked for disabled use and in my opinion you'd be better off with the buses. Personally, I would never use the Paris underground there if I was there myself. In London, I stick to the buses far easier and free with my bus pass.

sterlingsteve
    Paris has all but exhausted the superlatives that can reasonably be applied to any city. Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower have been described countless times, as have the Seine and the subtle (and not-so-subtle) differences between the Left and Right Banks. Yet, what writers have never been able to even slightly reflect is the grandness and magic.