Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: am i able to pre order?

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    27

    am i able to pre order?

    hi folks new here!

    I've decided to go and look to get a Motability car, just so im not sure on a few things..... I had my driving assessment few weeks ago confirmed I needed left foot accelerator and drive an auto with a 6 hour lesson from a car that has one of these.

    so what im asking is can I still order my new car for march before I've been officially told im fit to drive as I was told at my exam I would be after 6 hour lessons and go back again to them for a full exam, im pretty certain I will pass this as they were to.

    its just because my DLA is getting renewed may 2015 and don't want to leave it to late as I want to be more independent

    Thanks all

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by gogreener1 View Post
    hi folks new here!

    I've decided to go and look to get a Motability car, just so im not sure on a few things..... I had my driving assessment few weeks ago confirmed I needed left foot accelerator and drive an auto with a 6 hour lesson from a car that has one of these.

    so what im asking is can I still order my new car for march before I've been officially told im fit to drive as I was told at my exam I would be after 6 hour lessons and go back again to them for a full exam, im pretty certain I will pass this as they were to.

    its just because my DLA is getting renewed may 2015 and don't want to leave it to late as I want to be more independent

    Thanks all
    If your DLA gets renewed in 2015, then you will have to apply for PIP. PIP is going to be a much harder benefit to get. If you think you will meet the criteria for PIP, then go ahead and order a Motability car. If you don't meet the new criteria, then I would think very carefully about going for a car on the scheme as you will have to hand it back if you don't qualify in 2015.

    Good luck in getting lessons.
    Last edited by CTCELT88; 15-12-13 at 09:05.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    2,293
    Also if your benefit is due to cease in May 2015, you have until May 2014 to order the vehicle.

    You will need driving licences of all those who will be using the vehicle when you order, therefore I don't think it's possible to pre-order until then.

    The Motability FAQs state:

    Ordering and delivery >> What do I need to take to the dealers to place an order?

    For your initial visit to a Motability dealer you do not need to take anything with you, just make sure when you get there you ask to speak to the Motability Specialist (it might be worthwhile phoning in advance to book an appointment). When it comes to placing an application, you will need to take:

    • Your Certificate of Entitlement (this is a letter from your benefits agency) to prove you are in receipt of the allowance
    • A recent Utility bill to prove your address (i.e. gas/ electricity/ water bill, bank statement)
    • Anyone who will be on the insurance needs to be present with their driving licence or if they cannot attend, ask them to complete a Driver Consent form.

    Your chosen Motability dealer will complete the online application for you.

    All FAQs available here: http://www.motability.co.uk/utilities/faqs/
    Last edited by Paul; 15-12-13 at 22:02.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

    Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

  4. #4
    Senior Member phaedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    900
    Sorry to hijack, I'm just about to look at/order my next car and wondered where I get a "Certificate of Entitlement" from?.

    Do I ring the DWP or DLA in Blackpool?. I don't remember having to take anything when I swapped to my current car but that was 5 years ago!.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    2,293
    You need to prove that you claim DLA/PIP so you would take your entitlement letter - the important part of this shows how long your award lasts.

    You can ask the DWP to send you a copy of that letter - I did this recently as I'm good at losing documents
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

    Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Also if your benefit is due to cease in May 2015, you have until May 2014 to order the vehicle.

    You will need driving licences of all those who will be using the vehicle when you order, therefore I don't think it's possible to pre-order until then.

    The Motability FAQs state:




    All FAQs available here: http://www.motability.co.uk/utilities/faqs/

    Hi

    I don't think I really told my story properly I'm a uk full driving licence holder with no enforcements or points, the purpose of ordering this now is for the waiting lists my dealer has in stock, and as for my lessons it's mearly a refresher course to learn automatics which I found i did as I wouldn't be ordering car at this point if I failed my previous examinations from motabilty centres,i chose one today a golf tdi SE 2ltr so I will have them make a left foot accelator for my needs, also as for my reassessment into PIP I have been told I would qualify for higher mobility but to be honest I couldn't care if I didn't would rather go back to doing what I enjoyed best before my accident and die to get my right leg bag and spinal injury pain free but now I don't have much of a family who takes me places so I'm stuck indoors 24/7 bored out my head watching simplest of people doing normal things I could do a year ago. Thanks tho for your help

    Gogreener1

    P.S

    Don't reccomed arold Clark Most useless salesman ever!
    Last edited by gogreener1; 16-12-13 at 02:37.

  7. #7
    Senior Member phaedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    900
    Thanks Paul, I have Indef. HRM and the award letter so looks like I'm all set!, just have to manage to get out of the house and get it sorted

    GoGreener1, best of luck

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    2,293
    Quote Originally Posted by gogreener1 View Post
    Hi

    I don't think I really told my story properly I'm a uk full driving licence holder with no enforcements or points, the purpose of ordering this now is for the waiting lists my dealer has in stock, and as for my lessons it's mearly a refresher course to learn automatics which I found i did as I wouldn't be ordering car at this point if I failed my previous examinations from motabilty centres,i chose one today a golf tdi SE 2ltr so I will have them make a left foot accelator for my needs, also as for my reassessment into PIP I have been told I would qualify for higher mobility but to be honest I couldn't care if I didn't would rather go back to doing what I enjoyed best before my accident and die to get my right leg bag and spinal injury pain free but now I don't have much of a family who takes me places so I'm stuck indoors 24/7 bored out my head watching simplest of people doing normal things I could do a year ago. Thanks tho for your help

    Gogreener1

    P.S

    Don't reccomed arold Clark Most useless salesman ever!

    Now you have chosen your vehicle the dealership will contact one of the many adaption specialists and arrange for them to fit a left foot accelerator when your car arrives at the dealership (the dealership don't make them).

    I have a left foot accelerator, and it's brilliant - it's a "twin-flip" accelerator which means you can flip the left accelerator pedal up and the right pedal drops down ready for use and vice-versa.

    Did you get a test-drive in the Golf? or at least a passenger ride in one?

    I mentioned your award end date as you can only order a vehicle if you have 12 months or more left to run, any less (whether you'll get re-awarded or not) and you can't order.
    __________________________________________________ ___

    Phaedra, hope you have fun today ordering your car!
    Last edited by Paul; 16-12-13 at 17:31.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

    Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Somehow you have managed to reply on Phaedra's thread?

    Anyway, now you have chosen your vehicle the dealership will contact one of the many adaption specialists and arrange for them to fit a left foot accelerator when your car arrives at the dealership (the dealership don't make them).

    I have a left foot accelerator, and it's brilliant - it's a "twin-flip" accelerator which means you can flip the left accelerator pedal up and the right pedal drops down ready for use and vice-versa.

    Did you get a test-drive in the Golf? or at least a passenger ride in one?

    I mentioned your award end date as you can only order a vehicle if you have 12 months or more left to run, any less (whether you'll get re-awarded or not) and you can't order.
    __________________________________________________ ___

    Phaedra, hope you have fun today ordering your car!
    Hi

    Yes I was out in a test drive dealer drove it was a great we run around, he's bringing the exact model round to my house on Tuesday so I can see the auto drive aswell, I am also going to look at the astra and see what offers they have as I've always bought my cars from vauxhall and found them good

    Thanks again

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    2,293
    The 2.0TDi DSG engine/gearbox combination is in my eyes unbeatable, I wouldn't bother with the equivalent Astra Auto, the economy and performance will be worlds apart. But the decision is yours to make.

    The exact same combo can be found in similar sized vehicles like the Seat Leon, Skoda's Octavia and Yeti, and VW's Jetta and Scirocco.

    What are your requirements for economy, mileage, performance, boot space, gadgets, etc?
    Last edited by Paul; 16-12-13 at 17:37.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

    Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Similar Threads

  1. Can't Order and Price Changes on July 1
    By Eddie864 in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-14, 20:45
  2. No Motability Order without a Driving Licence...
    By Eddie864 in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-06-14, 18:33
  3. Is there any order or plan to when ESA reassessments?
    By Blackball in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 14-07-13, 04:12
  4. Should I wait until January to order new car?
    By Anthony in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 19-12-12, 20:51
  5. When can you order?
    By Smith65 in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-04-12, 20:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •