Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got PIP assessment today.

Got PIP assessment today.

I have my assessment at in just under an hour. Have not not had phone call to cancel like last time. So it seems like it is happening. After over 6months wait and 3 canceled appointments I cant believe it is happening. I'm in bits, I woke up with a bad migraine. And my son can't go with me (work commitments).
    Oh well here goes. Wish me luck x

very best of luck to you cookiesmum

I hope it went well.

Hope all went well for you.

Thinking of you - hope you had good news Xx

Hi cookiesmum glad you finally got your assessment.

Hi guys thanks for your thoughts. The lady that did my assessment was very young she only looked about 18years old. But she was very nice and tried to put me at ease. I don't think she was a Doctor I forgot to ask her what her profession was. She had problems spelling some of my meds and had never heard of one of my illnesses. She asked about my meds and illnesses and how they affected me.She asked how I managed with daily living and my mobility. I have a feeling that she had same form on screen, that I sent in, in June and was filling it in with my answers today. The assessment lasted for an hour and a half. She allowed me to use the bathroom and got me a drink of water. I was completely exhausted after it was over. But so relieved after waiting 6months for it and that it was the first hurdle over and done with. She said that I should hear in 4 to 6 weeks but I'm not holding my breath on that.

You've done well, all you can do is get your point over to these 'assessors' as best you can and then wait for the outcome. Indeed, that estimation of 4-6 weeks may well take a little longer considering the mess that PIP is in. Good luck.

Took my friend to his on Monday, was in about 1-1/4 hours. Assessor seemed very nice (turned out she knows his wife!) but tried to get him to say he could walk 50m as it was 50m from the car park to the office (Bannatynes Health Club). I'd warned him about this and he was prepared, told her no, he'd been dropped off right outside reception, she then changed it to "so you can walk more than 20m", again he argued the point, he'd managed to get into reception then had to stop before continuing. He had a triple bypass 12yrs ago and is now under the heart failure unit as he has necrosis of the heart tissue/muscle so has a lot of problems getting out of breath very easily and not having any strength..

Eventually she agreed he can walk up to 10m on a level surface without having to stop, on stairs it's more like 3m!. She also got him to lie down and perform various movement tests, at the end she seemed quite worried as he had turned white and his hands were shaking. She also said he should hear in about 5 to 6 weeks but not to worry if he failed as he could appeal!.
    Last edited by phaedra; 14-12-13 at 11:47.

It took about six weeks from the PIP face to face assessment to the decision in my case:

• medical on 4 November
    • report received by DWP from ATOS on 6 December
    • decision dated 13 December
    • decision received in the post on 19 December