Thread: Freedom of information

Freedom of information

Have asked this question on another thread but think it may have been missed,
    I have asked for a copy of the Atos report for my assessment on a number of occasions and finally asked for a copy following the phone call to explain why my claim is being rejected but don't think this will be forthcoming, as the reason for my rejection was the assessor apparently observed me walking 100 metres from the car park to the assessment centre, which I didn't and that I can apparently walk more than 200 metres, which I can't, so I really need to see a copy of their report, My question is do they have to supply a copy by law under the freedom of information act or some thing similar.
    Phil

What the regulations are PIP I have no idea, but for ESA the authority to use is a SAR (Subject Access Request and address it to the Data Controller) that should get you all the information they have on you and they have 40 days to provide it.

You should just try a simple request first, but make it plain what you want, and give them a few weeks to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by phillee View Post
    Have asked this question on another thread but think it may have been missed,
    I have asked for a copy of the Atos report for my assessment on a number of occasions and finally asked for a copy following the phone call to explain why my claim is being rejected but don't think this will be forthcoming, as the reason for my rejection was the assessor apparently observed me walking 100 metres from the car park to the assessment centre, which I didn't and that I can apparently walk more than 200 metres, which I can't, so I really need to see a copy of their report, My question is do they have to supply a copy by law under the freedom of information act or some thing similar.
    Phil

I also have had an assessment with atos, with NO walking observetions done and they have came to the same conclusion as on your case, that i can walk 200m even though i cannot do so without the aid of crutches and having to stop numourus times on the shortest of journeys

Phillee, I don't know about PIP reports, but I needed my ESA50 report last year as I was appealing for support group. I phoned DWP about six times cost me a fortune in phone bill. They just kept ignoring my request, so I e-mailed my MP. Low and behold I received 2 copies of it in the post on the same day, about a week after. If you haven't got a welfare rights adviser I advise you to get one if you intend to appeal.
    Good luck x

HI phil,. Did you request a copy from ATOS or DWP? It is DWP you need to contact, and they need the request in writing. Ask for a copy of the report PLUS, the score sheet. Then, if you feel it is inaccurate, then you will need to complete a GLA24 (I think) to appeal a decision, also I would recommend sending a letter of complaint to ATOS detailing all the inaccuracies.

Hi cookiesmum, think I have asked the DWP about 4/5 times and now put in a written request with my request for my decision to be looked at again which I will be posting, registered, on monday. If this decision isn't in my favour then I have got the services of a 3rd. party who will act on my behalf at appeal level so hopefully I will get a copy of their report and I am sure they will be able to find flaws in the assessment report, why oh why do they make it so difficult for us to get the help we need.
    Last edited by phillee; 13-12-13 at 23:41.