Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: millionaires

millionaires

so mr cameron is now to drop millionaires tax another 5% to 40% .talk about me and my pals it is absolutley disgusting when the poor are cut to the bone.

MPs are also to get 11% pay rise!! I read in the Daily Mail. Yet British troops get 1%, and Local Government employees have a freeze yet again on pay increase.

The rich will always get richer, and the poor are still on the bottom of the pile!

The people in power whether it be Gvmnt, bankers etc are quite a disgrace, oh forgot to blame the "big six" energy suppliers who always pass the blame on the Gvmnt. It certainly seems that they don't care one bit, I don't suppose Mr Cameron or his people will have to rely on food banks or not be able to keep his little ones warm over winter.
    The banks and the system are one reason I don't put £ in the bank now, I don't like the idea of being paid an insignificant amount of interest on my savings and the banks making considerably more on them, it's one reason that I paid my mortgage off early saving myself £32000 in interest alone!!!
    There are alternatives to £ in the bank, such as paying debts off or investing in precious metals. I've done a post on alternative investments mine being silver bullion.
    I don't intend to save £ in the bank again & do my best to pay interest on nothing.
    The 11% if forced onto MPs should be given to charitable organisations by them, it's kicking everyone who is currently struggling in the teeth.
    I was fortunate enough to be in a position to pay off my mortgage when I was medically retired. Merry Christmas to all.
    Last edited by Garth; 11-12-13 at 14:04.

That's good to know, just in case I win the lottey this week

Proceeds of gambling are tax free! Work and you pay tax. ???

Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
    Proceeds of gambling are tax free! Work and you pay tax. ???
    That's even better then

when i was younger i used to gamble like crazy and ended up in a heap of trouble to the tune of a 10,000 debt. worked hard and paid every penny so it is not something i would promote to anyone.

as for working and paying tax, even if we are not working we are still paying tax through anything we buy, something this government seems to forget when they bang on about people sponging benefits, pound benefit two pounds goes back to them.

as for millionaires, seems most countries are at it trying to run the show and look at the mess we are all getting in to with their pure greed, one day it will end as we can not carry on with the mess they are all getting us in to, countries are turning in to civil wars!

Cameron now representing alzheimer's, the very guy who uses I.D.S and others to strip people of their sickness benefits, what an absolute insult he is to us all.

Not forgetting that these millionaires are also the people who make sizable donations to political parties!!!!
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote Originally Posted by susieboots View Post
    MPs are also to get 11% pay rise!! I read in the Daily Mail. Yet British troops get 1%, and Local Government employees have a freeze yet again on pay increase.

The rich will always get richer, and the poor are still on the bottom of the pile!
    I agree, Susieboots. If they can afford to drop taxes at the top end, then that money IMHO should be donated to the NHS.

Garth said' I don't suppose Mr Cameron or his people will have to rely on food banks or not be able to keep his little ones warm over winter.

Feel sorry for them, I do. They have led a sheltered life, and simply have no idea what poverty is, never mind how to solve it.
    Last edited by Jay123; 12-12-13 at 11:25.

I thought you had to inform IR about precious metals or anything over £3000 or is it £5000? They will know when you try to cash them in. You can be even detained if caught carrying £3000. At airports it's £2000.