Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ready for Christmas?

Ready for Christmas?

I can't believe how organised I am this year.

All cards written out ready to send, I make my own as a hobby so everyone gets a unique card.

All presents bought and wrapped, most of them ordered online so not too much traipsing round shops.

Already have the meat, (my partners Mum works in a butchers and we pay into a Christmas club through the year to cover the cost of the turkey etc).

Most of the food shopping is done, sweets, chocolate, Christmas pud etc, I start to pick up a couple of bits each week from about september so its not a big shop all at once. I have not gone mad with presents and food, who can afford to these days? But it is nice to be able to get a few treats, although my waistline will not be grateful, lol.

I have saved a lot of time, energy and money by pacing it out this year, not too mention no stress caused by last minute running around, (although there is bound to be something I have forgotten, always is!).

How is everyone else doing in the run up to Christmas?
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Card written and sent
    Presents bought M&S gift vouchers
    Tree up
    Tin of corned beef in cupboard

Cards posted both mail and local. Presents wrapped, delivering some this weekend as I am travelling down to Bristol with them and staying in a hotel, courtesy of Shearings short breaks. Food has been collected over the past months. We don't make too much of a fuss and buy extras as we don't eat them.

I will be doing next years shopping on line in the sales starting Christmas eve.

So no last minute rush for me.

Cards sent, presents sorted, going in hospital on the 20th Dec. for knee resurfacing, so going to be laid up for a few weeks. Husband is going to try cooking Christmas dinner but I don't want him worrying and I've suggested we have a Chinese takeaway!

We are done too.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    Cards posted both mail and local. Presents wrapped, delivering some this weekend as I am travelling down to Bristol with them and staying in a hotel, courtesy of Shearings short breaks. Food has been collected over the past months. We don't make too much of a fuss and buy extras as we don't eat them.

I will be doing next years shopping on line in the sales starting Christmas eve.

So no last minute rush for me.
    E
    All done here, wrapping, cards posted, tree and decor up, invited neighbours around with their three kids to join us and our four kids, chihuahua and four gerbils (just purchased one each for the kids) lol. We've had all sorts previously, my wife would have a zoo if I let her, didn't want a dog and had a dog, didn't want gerbils and got gerbils. I want a classic car but am not allowed!!!!!

notnamedbill
    If you could have held on a few days more garth you would have got 2 gerbils for each kid, but perhaps you got a better deal just swapping one for one or maybe your classic car for all 4?

got all my gifts through the year but got loads to wrap got some done yesterday but using scissors hurts my hands after a bit so a few each day

been buying bits of treats each week so the Christmas shop shouldn't be too expensive

decorations not up yet but hope my youngest dog doesn't do what she did last year (she kept on attacking the decorations off the tree ) but she older now and doesn't cause as much carnage as she use too xx

all bought, none wrapped, four bird roast in freezer,no decs yet, maybe tomorrow

Decs and tree been up since 1st December. All shopping done online throughout the year. I am going to my daughters for Christmas, so get to see my lovely grandchildren Christmas morning - what more could I ask for.

I've done everything..wrapped up presents last night while I was bed-ridden because of my back. Written on cards and mum posted them for me earlier today.

I've even sent my cousins in Latvia their cards!