Thread: Housing Benefit

Housing Benefit

Sure ly this carnt be right. Due to a very serious illness last May in which I was put in a induced coma. My GP said I won't work or drive again I have brain damage which affects my memory also neuro diabetes. I decided to move into my mothers house which she once owned but had to sell and rent back. As she's retired and reciving DLA her rent allowance was short by £100 a month I paid it for her as she didn't want to move. When I was well enough I informrf the council and I had to pay £20* a month towards the rent also £ 10 a month council tax I was reciving SSP £86 a week in September my SSP ran out I now get ESA of £71 a week a drop of £15 a week.Today my landlord said I have to pay £160 a month. I am 52 and have never been out of work in my life which included 6 years in the Army and 4 years as s part time firefighter. Surely this carnt be right. Can anybody give me some advice

Hello Jimy
    I would suggest you contact your local CAB or SHELTER about this, as they have very good profession advice workers well versed in both benefit and housing Law. Put a search into Google to find you're nearest, using your postcode, particularly SHELTER.

All the best with this.