Thread: Returning to ESA Support Group

Returning to ESA Support Group

Dear All,

I was in the support group of ESA due to a mental health condition and was interested in getting back to work. I had a full time job offer and was due to start but suffered a relapse and asked the employer to lower my hours this they could not do.
    I had signed off ESA at this point and phoned Belfast immediately to tell them I was not going to start the job, and to explain what had happened, they informed me my claim would be reopened, but then I found out to my horror that I would have to make a new claim all over again. I have a Doctor's note to cover me for 6 weeks and also Psychiatric reports stating my impulsive condition and wonder what my chances are of getting back into the support group. I was told that I need to send in a form for income based ESA and start the claim all over again, also due to signing off I get a letter telling me that it had effected my national insurance stamps although I did not effectively take the job.

Please someone help, any advice is much appreciated.

Regards
    Fairydust

there is a 12 weeks linking rule, so if you are within this period you can still go on old rate,