Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 8 year old son dla motability changed from high rate to low rate today.

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4

    Unhappy 8 year old son dla motability changed from high rate to low rate today.

    Hi, my 8 year old son who has cerebral palsy (Hemiplegic) was awarded low rate motability today, he has previously been on the high rate for the past 5 years, I feel the decision is wrong, can you tell me how I go about appealing the decision?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by marymc View Post
    Hi, my 8 year old son who has cerebral palsy (Hemiplegic) was awarded low rate motability today, he has previously been on the high rate for the past 5 years, I feel the decision is wrong, can you tell me how I go about appealing the decision?
    Do you know the reason why, the DLA awarded your son from Higher to Low Rate Motability? I think you need to phone up DLA for appeal form (GL24) & contact the CAB or Welfare Right Officer for help etc. Is there any Cerebral Palsy Support Groups near you, you could try and contact too. To help with filling in the form. I wish you all the best.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shystar View Post
    Do you know the reason why, the DLA awarded your son from Higher to Low Rate Motability? I think you need to phone up DLA for appeal form (GL24) & contact the CAB or Welfare Right Officer for help etc. Is there any Cerebral Palsy Support Groups near you, you could try and contact too. To help with filling in the form. I wish you all the best.
    Hi shystar, no they didn't give me any reason, I am annoyed because I lease a car on the motability scheme to ferry my son around and now I will have to hand it back, I live in Northern Ireland and don't have any support groups near me. x

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by marymc View Post
    Hi shystar, no they didn't give me any reason, I am annoyed because I lease a car on the motability scheme to ferry my son around and now I will have to hand it back, I live in Northern Ireland and don't have any support groups near me. x
    Hi Mary. 100% appeal it might be worth Checking if the GP is at fault here.
    the same thing happened to me was on high rate when it came time to renew I was dropped to the low rate even though my condition
    had gone worse (it does as I get older). Turned out that little white paper the GP gets he had filled it out all wrong, My social worker went to see him and he admitted he didn't even read my case notes and basically filled the entire thing in wrong. I did get it reversed via appeal

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by atj View Post
    Hi Mary. 100% appeal it might be worth Checking if the GP is at fault here.
    the same thing happened to me was on high rate when it came time to renew I was dropped to the low rate even though my condition
    had gone worse (it does as I get older). Turned out that little white paper the GP gets he had filled it out all wrong, My social worker went to see him and he admitted he didn't even read my case notes and basically filled the entire thing in wrong. I did get it reversed via appeal
    hi atj, I am definetley going to appeal it although I don't know if the gp had any input, there was a physio report that they requested but im not sure about gp, I will ring and ask tomorrow. x

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by marymc View Post
    hi atj, I am definetley going to appeal it although I don't know if the gp had any input, there was a physio report that they requested but im not sure about gp, I will ring and ask tomorrow. x
    I really do hope you get some answers Its utterly so upsetting hearing this.
    I swear this government are not happy unless they rip everyone's lives apart yet blatant money wasting is being allowed to happen

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4
    I rang DWP today and told them i was not happy with the award so they said that another decision maker will have a look at it, so fingers crossed they may reconsider their decision.

  8. #8
    Senior Member deebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    croydon
    Posts
    1,601
    Do you have any cerebral palsy support groups in your area? If you do end up having to go to appeal I would enlist their help.Best of Luck

Similar Threads

  1. Assessment rate of ESA
    By KAREN SV in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-14, 12:22
  2. What work can i do without losing my high rate DLA..As lost my ESA contribution based
    By mrspitt33 in forum Work - help & advice on work, training, jobs for disabled people
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-05-13, 20:52
  3. Help with ESA appeal rate please
    By Nelsonsgirl in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-04-13, 09:10
  4. High rate Dla do you receive a premium on top
    By josephine in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 29-10-12, 10:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •