Thread: I'm thinking about moving house (in Scotland), how will it affect my ESA?

Cate

I'm thinking about moving house (in Scotland), how will it affect my ESA?

Hey there! If anyone has any advice or experience I'd appreciate it, I'd call, but last time I tried to query something they just stopped my payments!!

So, Husband and I are thinking of moving house, likely to another council district, but we can't decide if its worth while. Does anyone know what happens to ESA/housing benefit if you move to another district/area? We are in Scotland where the rules are slightly different so especially would like any help from anyone who knows about the Scottish system! A few details..

We have been on income related ESA for geez 2 or 3 years now, I'm in the WRAG but I've never had any interviews or anything about it, which is kind of weird. Hubby is a full time student and does not have any income.

OKay Thank you so much! <3

For ESA, you just inform the office that deals with ESA of a change of address and if it's in a different area, they transfer your claim. It's mostly electronic nowadays.
    With regards to HB, i'm not sure of the Scottish system, but a new council area will no doubt require a fresh claim, as with Council Tax Benefit/Reduction.