Thread: Update on PIP, DLA and ATOS

Update on PIP, DLA and ATOS

PIP AND DLA NEWS

Although many of you will have read the following, I thought for the benefit of those who are not so informed I would copy the following from the Benefits Newsletter:

In this newsletter we reveal that although many thousands of adults will make a renewal claim for DLA over the coming months, not one of them will have to fear a visit from an Atos health professional – nor will most children. We also learn that the much despised multinational managed to avoid paying a single penny in UK corporation tax last year, in spite of taking billions of pounds of taxpayers money.

Plus we have the news that the DWP have been fiddling the figures about how many ESA decisions they – with a little help from Atos – get wrong.

Atos are not carrying out any DLA to PIP assessments this year, only Capita’s contract is going ahead. The result is that whilst adult DLA claimants in Wales and central England will soon have to make a claim for PIP when their fixed term award ends, in the rest of England and Scotland DLA renewals will take place as usual. (See our PIP timetable for full details).

Or rather, not quite as usual. Because Atos have now stopped doing almost all DLA medicals for adults. Only terminally ill claimants and a small number of children’s claims will be covered by Atos.

The DWP insist that the withdrawal of the Atos doctors will not damage the quality of DLA decisions because decision-makers can use information "from a variety of sources" including the claim form and GP reports. This prompted one Benefits and Work member to comment, not unreasonably:

“ In that case what the ???? have they being paying Atos for all these years?”

Susie boots is this why I have had three Atos assessments for new claim for PIP cancelled.?I applied for it in June and still haven't had an assessment. One app was cancelled by phone an hour before my app time. I'm still waiting for 4th app that they said would be sent out in post.

Hi cookiesmum, I wouldn't be at all surprised. Cancellations seem to be the thing at the mo.

I've been scanning the web for a while now and haven't come across anyone who has received PIP benefit. There is a lot about people waiting 5months to get assessments. Or have had assessments but still haven't had their results. This stinks to high heaven. Going to get my welfare adviser to look into this.

Unhappy Confused

Quote Originally Posted by cookiesmum View Post
    I've been scanning the web for a while now and haven't come across anyone who has received PIP benefit. There is a lot about people waiting 5months to get assessments. Or have had assessments but still haven't had their results. This stinks to high heaven. Going to get my welfare adviser to look into this.
    Hi, I'm confused. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, (39yrs old) had it for 7 yrs now and was awarded DLA indefinitely In march this year, then in July I had a letter saying they were doing checks etc and re sent me the forms to fill
    In, which I did and sent back on the 17th July. Last week
    I received a letter to say they had asked a Atos dr to give me a medical, and they would be in touch, Monday this week I received the appointment through for 2pm ties 26.12.13, to which I had to phone and confirm, which I did.
    So they must still be doing the medicals?? Yeah?? So stressful, beyond belief!!

Quote Originally Posted by Denbyduck View Post
    Hi, I'm confused. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, (39yrs old) had it for 7 yrs now and was awarded DLA indefinitely In march this year, then in July I had a letter saying they were doing checks etc and re sent me the forms to fill
    In, which I did and sent back on the 17th July. Last week
    I received a letter to say they had asked a Atos dr to give me a medical, and they would be in touch, Monday this week I received the appointment through for 2pm ties 26.12.13, to which I had to phone and confirm, which I did.
    So they must still be doing the medicals?? Yeah?? So stressful, beyond belief!!
    On Boxing Day?

(20 character thingy)
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Ive herd the goverment are moving people in wales and north east off DLA first and they are labour voting strong holds ? Strange? As im in the south of england it appears im not going to get the form untill 2015?? After the election!!

Quote Originally Posted by googlybear View Post
    On Boxing Day?

(20 character thingy)
    Sorry, my mistake. My medical is this Tuesday, 26-11 x

Quote Originally Posted by Denbyduck View Post
    Sorry, my mistake. My medical is this Tuesday, 26-11 x
    lol, no worries. easy enough mistake to make.
    Illegitimi non carborundum