Thread: Left hand does not know what the right is doing

Left hand does not know what the right is doing

I have 2 letters here both dated the same day from 2 different benefit offices one that deals with my claim and 1 that has got nothing to do with me and is miles away in a different county 1 states my ESA will be staying the same at the same rate and the other states because of a change to your family the amount of money we are paying you is changing . Well as there is only the wife and I and has only been us two for many years now my family has not and is not likely to change so where do they get off telling me they are deducting £31 a week from my ESA or do they know something i dont know ...perhaps they have the heads up that George Clooney is going to whisk the wife away to Rio without me knowing

If it wasn't so serious it would be funny.
    I'd be concerned though, i reckon you need to contact them just to make sure your benefit is not going to be reduced. But then it would be quite possible they would tell you that, only to find that it has...
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Sounds like there is someone else with the same name but different address.
    When my husband closed his business down a few years ago he found there was a mix up in DWP about his contributions.
    They had him living in Derby working for someone and didn't pay his NI contribution for a week or so ???
    Total rubbish as he had his own business had never been in Derby.
    What I can you you is it took a lot of sorting out during which hubby got very annoyed and insisted they remove it from his files also requested a letter stating they had made a mistake - which he eventually got.
    Sea Queen

Sorted now as they were changing me from one office to another they have to remove the wife from the claim and as it registers as a change to benefit . It fires up a letter to be sent out by the computer . However when the new office got the claim they added her back to it so all is well . All this was following my 2nd ESA50 however a result has been had back of the net support group yet again for another year or 2 when the next one will drop through the door on the presumption that i may have grown new knees ,hips ,hands ,shoulder and spine . A nice thought to be pain free and throw all the disability aids in the bin but it isn't gonna happen ...lol