Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chronic Pain.... HELP!!

I dont want to lower the tone ...but cannabis has worked wonders for me, significant spinal stenosis from a slipped disc C6-C7 has damaged my spinal cord and I have not had any prescription meds other than just after an op for 1 week...cannabis has hardly any side effects other than munchies or giggerling fits lol...I am not saying it works for everyone but it might,in some american states its used for many conditions , research on-line ...and dont be put off just because its illegal,this is your health and some unfair law that will soon be changed anyway should be ignored if it works and helps you...you can eat it in home made cookies,smoke it,drink a tea made from it,vaporise it ect.

I dont want to lower the tone ...but cannabis has worked wonders for me

Whatsleft - I like your style. lol . On reading this line an image of you came to mind. I saw this dark clothed character wearing bblack tights and a medievil Richard 111 costume with long black strangly hair and wearing a pointed brimmed dark velvet hat. You were in a crouched position and looking over your shoulder while pulling a curtain back in a darkened room. lol.

Ha, ha - no I've not had a splice just a vivid imagination.

I agree, a friend of mine had spinal pain and smoked cannabis for relief but he also experimented on other things you inhaled through a bong which made his day. Alas he died a few years ago now from a massive stoke - at least it was quick. He also grew his own for self use.

I believe people who have MS can take cannabis legally if they are suited to the programme and it relieves pain.

Next time you make a batch of scones let me know and you can send some here via courier. lol

You are not lowering the tone. If it works that's fine. It is the righteous minded next door neighbours you might have to worry about.
    Could it not be taken orally? Often wondered why there is no pill. Or maybe there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackball View Post
    You are not lowering the tone. If it works that's fine. It is the righteous minded next door neighbours you might have to worry about.
    Could it not be taken orally? Often wondered why there is no pill. Or maybe there is.
    Try some hops pills, or even better, grow some in your garden and make a tea with the leaves... the plant is related to cannabis and it's legal!
    http://www.healthline.com/natstandardcontent/hops - note the warnings on there as well as the benefits.

Hemp is another c. related plant with similar properties.

There is a c. pill, not sure if it's available here in the UK:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...king-drug.html

And if you look on YouTube you'll find articles on how to make your own pills from it!

Before all the bad press and the illegal status etc. wasn't there a tincture available. No recorded deaths unlike paracetamol.

Talk about chronic pain, I went to the pain clinic yesterday and all they could offer me was painkillers the same as I take now but they don't work, as I told them. All other treatment options are not feasible because of my normal medication. I am at my wits end with pain, I have lost what little mobility I had and therefore my independence. I am not a person that is negative, always been very positive and even with a struggle have carried on with my life.
    Now I feel I am starting to fall into depression, tears are near to the surface all the time. I don't have a meaningful life anymore. Just struggling to cope with life, the limited things that I did do at home now cause me so much pain I am really struggling to carry on.

I visited a pain clinic once and the first thing they asked was 'why are you here?'. Well it was 30 odd years late. I have chronic pain especially in my side lower back. I've been taking Zapain on prescription for several months - they don't work but I still take them hoping there's a placebo affect.

I've tried acupuncture and that doesn't work either.

the best results come from a private session with a Neuro physiotherapist who gives me a deep massage. I've found that adding pain to an area in pain cancels it out. I've also discovered that exercise like cycling or swimming are beneficial.

My problem is no cartilage in one of my knees and the other one is starting too. Bone grinding against bone, so everything I do is excruciating, even swimming.
    The only answer is a replacement which I can't have because of my heart problems.
    I have been left to grin and bear it, not easy at all. If only I could get a decent nights sleep without it waking me up I am sure would help my mood.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    My problem is no cartilage in one of my knees and the other one is starting too. Bone grinding against bone, so everything I do is excruciating, even swimming.
    The only answer is a replacement which I can't have because of my heart problems.
    I have been left to grin and bear it, not easy at all. If only I could get a decent nights sleep without it waking me up I am sure would help my mood.
    Is it because of the general anaesthetic, if so ask for a spinal anaesthetic? I've had a TKR on my right knee in 2010 and just been in 20th Dec and had my right kneecap resurfaced both with spinals. I still need my left knee doing but waiting until I know my right one is OK now I've had my kneecap resurfaced. Don't advise anyone to have it done a few days before Xmas as I can't do anything for 6 weeks.

Beau, you must get it treated. Last year I could hardly move due to a tear and flapped over ligament behind my knee. I'd put up with it for a year. I had a 15 minute operation under general anaesthetic and it took 6 weeks to recover - but what a difference!

Incidentally I can't sleep due to pain so I take 'knock out drops' in the form of clonozapan which stops my leg from twitching.

in the meantime take alcohol and celebrate the coming of a New Year soon.