Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chronic Pain.... HELP!!

Chronic Pain.... HELP!!

Afternoon all... Newb here **Hellos**

Forgive me if I make any mistakes :/

OK. My son was born March 11. Ever since he came into this world I have been suffering severe pain. It started as some slight shoulder pain and now almost 3 yrs on every part of me hurts I cant do simple tasks anymore. I was finally diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last year after being put through the mill and back. But I was given very little reason for the Diagnosis (No trigger tests, no screening etc just a few blood tests here and there and even when they had high markers It was ignored and given a lame excuse)
    In my heart I feel that this is a wrong diagnosis and that actually my condition sounds much more likely to be M.E

I also have an impinged shoulder which 9 months ago was a Minor Impingement and is now a Moderate to Severe impingement from lack of treatment. And to add insult to injury (Another post in another section) Thanks to the work capability scheme I am also pretty sure my right Shoulder is impinged now.

So... I was wondering, I am very useless with this, I feel I need an MRI/CT and some proper care and pain management but I am getting no where. How would I best get what I really need. Or am i wasting my breathe??

Thanks in advance

Gentle hugs to all

Hi welcome to the forum

M.E and fibro are very similar and alot of the time you get diagnosed with both (I have )

M.R.I/CT won't be much help I'm afraid (unless it's for you're shoulders )

you need to speak with DR's / consultants to see about a pain management course and maybe physio hydrotherapy can be very good

keep on at you're GP for help with this it's an awful condition to live with but the pain management courses can be very helpful

look at past threads on this section there's one on firbo

wishing you all the best Acheron xx

Yes I believe the 2 live hand in hand. I have spoke to every GP in my area, I have seen Cons, I have done Physio and NOTHING helps me Ive had every pain killer that is available and every pill they say 'helps' and have now exhausted all avenues. Currently on 10mg BuTrans and still suffering.
    Yes scan etc was hoping for shoulders as they getting worse.
    Ive begged for pain management, Had the cortisode injection in August which made no difference to my pain levels. Was awarded ESA WRAG and finding the WRA to be causing me nothing but absolute torture.
    I just dont know where t turn next. I am actually at breaking point. I will likely be sanctioned due to non attendence down to being like this.
    I just feel like I am in deep and no life jacket slowly sinking.
    Waiting for blood tests again for my CRP ESR (is that right) have had done previously that came back with slightly high markers but was given an excuse why and that was that. I am being fobbed off at every turn and I just don't seem to have the guts to say... HELP!

Such a yucky yucky syndrome!!

Thank you for the advice I will ask about the Hydro as this was previously discussed with a GP but as per it went no where futher than that room.

x

I must admit that I don't like to see other people suffer from pain even though I suffer from pain 24/7 for decades.

I've been told that the only drug that will kill my pain is morphine based but I don't take any due to the side effects.

an't saw I know a lot about your type of pain but I think gentle exercise like yoga, swimming or cycling will help.

I tried acupuncture which was useless as was reflexology. The only relief I did find beneficial was a very deep massage in the areas affected. It seems that pain inflicted not an area of pain has a tendency to cancel it out.

Another thing I found out was that you can 'think' pain away as pain is all in the mind.

I always surprise if not shock my dentist if he asks if I want a local jab for a filling - I just say no thanks.

I've learnt to 'think',pain to another area of my body and don't think about drilling that's happening in my mouth. Saves money and a numb face for the next three hours,

So remember a lot of pain is in the mind - so if you don't mind it doesn't matter!

I also never have a jab at the dentists for fillings, I can think over it.
    I have always said I have a high pain threshold but the pain I am experiencing now from my knee, no cartilage in it, all worn away, and no chance of replacement because of the heart attack. Offered these "artificial cartilage" jabs but then it was withdrawn because of my drugs.
    I could scream with the pain and can't walk more than a few steps before I end up in tears. Have been told morphine is the only route I can go now as other painkillers don't work. Very reluctant to go down this route but it appears I have no option.

Have your tried looking or posting on the Fibromyalgia UK forum for help and advice?

Some time ago yes, I don't really recall. I am going to pop in my A&E today as I am lacking in sleep again and cannot get in to see my GP and once again not slept so want to get them to have alook see if shoulder is again impinged. I just feel lost like I don't matter and each GP visit I am fobbed off once again with another packet of pain relief or another promise of therapy.

Thanks

I had three steroid injections in my impinged shoulder, and together with physio, it got a lot better. Ask for a steroid injection at the docs, they sting like hell for a day or so, but after that, you do get a bit of relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay123 View Post
    I had three steroid injections in my impinged shoulder, and together with physio, it got a lot better. Ask for a steroid injection at the docs, they sting like hell for a day or so, but after that, you do get a bit of relief.
    Sometimes it takes a course of cortisone injections and physio over a period of time to help. That's what I found anyway with trigger joints in the fingers and de quervains.in the wrist.

I'm not sure the A&E dept is the right place to go.Certainly at our hospital they'd just tell you to go and see your GP., and send you out the door. Unfortunately even severe chronic pain, once they've ruled out any urgent underliyng medical emergency treatment/surgery need, isn't high on their priority list.

OP you need to make an appointment with your GP and try not to break down this time, in order to expalin to him/her calmly you'd like a referral to a 'shoulder' speciality consultant and a pain clinic.

i have had chronic pain problems for a long time now and have again just seen my doctors due to the pain running riot, been offered some treatment and if no joy then hospital. sadly the pain is been caused by a nasty organ going wrong and when i ask for removal last time the surgeon said they couldn't risk it, again i feel really stuck in the middle of my doctors wanting action and the hospital not wanting to sort it out via operation.

now on last resorts and have just asked for consideration for a special pain medication but it could be a case of been too expensive. just crossing fingers they say yes and give me some relief, feel very cheesy and down at the moment