Thread: South Warwickshire Health Trust imposes cahrges for blue badge parking

Exclamation South Warwickshire Health Trust imposes cahrges for blue badge parking

Just a heads up,
    I am seething about the way this has been enacted!

Up to now Warwick Hospital, Leamington and Stratford hospitals, all part of the South Warwickshire Health Trust, have allowed free parking for those with a Blue badge.

Suddenly, they have started charging full price car parking charges to those with a blue badge.

However, this has not been advertisesed (I wonder why?) so many will turn up and be expected to pay.

the poorest, most vulnerable and those with more need to visit these hospitals are being leeched on by these hospitals.

They must have learned from Cameron and PIP!

They see another revenue stream and go for it regardless.

I would like to see if they have made all the ticket machines fully accessible. Most of the ones I've seen are not, I could not use one from my wheelchair, so I'd love to know how they would make this work.

Perhaps a case of discrimination if the machines aren't accessible?

Up in the North East they started this over a yr back for disabled drivers. They put it down to that the Trust needed to make cuts of x amount over the next 4 yrs. Normally now its £3.00 I have to pay for a 30min outpatient appt. As for the payment machines, not ideally suited for wheelchair users.