Thread: esa contribution based to income related esa

esa contribution based to income related esa

Hi there i was medically retired in 1999 with rheumatoid arthritis since this illness i then started to suffer from anxiety and depression. i have been through the atos face to face interview got no points appealed won appeal and was placed on contribution based esa my problem is imy 365 day s is up and i am now on income related esa which has been a massive cut in my money as i recieved a monthly pension they took that into account my esa has been cut from £110 a week to £42 a week a massive impact on me,when i won my appeal i was not aware i was only going to be on this for a year i thought i will be reassesed and they will see nothing has changed and i will be ok.i feel my local cab did not really inform me what would happen after the year as they treated it as a victory and as i am sure you know you really just feel happy it,s over but as i have found out its not over,i can gaurentee you had i had more of a clue what was happening i would have appealed again to get into the support group,my dr has told me i cant work my condition does not get better (ra)in the letter to say i can appeal decision of income related esa do you think i should do this and will i have to option to get in the support group any help or advice would be greatly appreciated i have interview with my local cab tomorrow tx in advance

Hello, I appealed twice on a decision for Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by abg View Post
    Hi there i was medically retired in 1999 with rheumatoid arthritis since this illness i then started to suffer from anxiety and depression. i have been through the atos face to face interview got no points appealed won appeal and was placed on contribution based esa my problem is imy 365 day s is up and i am now on income related esa which has been a massive cut in my money as i recieved a monthly pension they took that into account my esa has been cut from £110 a week to £42 a week a massive impact on me,when i won my appeal i was not aware i was only going to be on this for a year i thought i will be reassesed and they will see nothing has changed and i will be ok.i feel my local cab did not really inform me what would happen after the year as they treated it as a victory and as i am sure you know you really just feel happy it,s over but as i have found out its not over,i can gaurentee you had i had more of a clue what was happening i would have appealed again to get into the support group,my dr has told me i cant work my condition does not get better (ra)in the letter to say i can appeal decision of income related esa do you think i should do this and will i have to option to get in the support group any help or advice would be greatly appreciated i have interview with my local cab tomorrow tx in advance
    Hi years ago I applied for IIDB and was refused, I went through the appeal process and was refused again. I had nothing to lose and felt I deserved this benefit as I had been injured badly in a car crash at work so I appealed yet again and won. I don't get IIDB now although recently applied and was refused. I was recently medically retired as the works doctor said an injury to my neck (the car crash) was a permanent disability so I applied for IIDB as a change in circumstances and the fact that my spine is still bad. I must say I haven't got the time or inclination to go through the appeal process again.

I'm currently on contribution based ESA and because of my personal pension get £7.90 a week, my 365 days is up in January 2014 then I'm not sure what will happen although I'm not fit for work I'm not sure if I'll qualify for the support group.
    Good luck if you appeal.

cheers garth but i think thats what they want us to do GIVE UP,i certainly wont and hope you dont good luck mate keep at it

Quote Originally Posted by abg View Post
    If a Tribunal placed you in the WRAG group , you can't appeal it any further unless on a point of law to an Upper Tribunal, which you'd have needed profesional help to try and do. Was it a Tribunal which awarded WRAG or was it a recosnideration by the DWP only?

The only way you can get this decision looked at again is if you apply for a Supersession/Review and that can only be done if you're condition has deteriorated and you will need fresh medical evidence to substantiate this. Otherwise you will need to ride it out until you're next (re)assessment and ESA 50 where you claim will be reviewed again.

If you don't get Support Group then, either of those resulting decisions can be appealed (again).

@ seriouslyfed up tx for the info and it was a tribunial

@jard tx will mention that in cab interview today appreciated for both replies