Thread: They never tell you what you are entitled to.

jimboriley

They never tell you what you are entitled to.

I have been off work since March 2013 on SSP then I find out I could of claimed working tax credit.it runs out next week so I have to apply for ESA then iam not classed as working although my employer's have kept my job open until I can return to work which could be a while as my sick note runs out March 2014. I won't go into detail about my health as it would take ages except I was put into a induced coma for 11days to save my life.
    I now have many issues physical and mental the doctors said maybe 2-3 years. So if my employer has kept my job open how can I be classed as not working because for 28 weeks I was. Can anybody advise me please

Hi when I got ill and my ssp run out went straight on to incapacity and my employers still kept my job open for about a year not sure if it's still the same now with all the changes I would try and get an appointment with you're local CAB as they will know and also help you with filling the forms out

hope you get it sorted and you're health improves xx

jimboriley
    Thanks supposed to got paid today but no money went into bank account. My employer's tell me that my SSP has ran out they should of given me notice now iam totally skint and I have already had debtors phoning me. I feel like giving up. Why do you get punished for being ill

looks like you've been through the wars jimboriley,

right, you say that SSP has ended. Indeed, as you say, you'll need to get claiming Employment & Support Allowance (ESA) straight away. You can phone 0800 055 6688 for a claim form (ESA1), or you can contact your local Jobcentre plus office, or you can fill one out and print if off,below:
    http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/esa1-print.pdf
    Have you claimed Personal Independence Payment (PIP)? From what you have written, and IMO you should claim, it's worth a try if you have needed help for at least 3 months, and likely to need it for at least another 9 months. Why not chat to them? You will need to phone them on: 0800 917 2222
    Regardless of whether your employer has kept your job 'open' or not, you need money to survive, so get claimimg mate. It's not a quick fix, but it's a start. Good luck.

jimboriley
    Many thanks IBV I claimed for PIP in June they initially told me 10 weeks for medical it's now November still waiting