Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie

Dear forum ; I have phoned the jobcentre plus to ask for a copy of the ESA 85 and I was given an address to write to; Jobcentre Plus,Birkenhead, Benefits Centre, Post Handling Site B, Wolverhampton, WV99 1FZ. I'm confused I thought that you had to just phone up and they would send you a copy as with any other form and also is this the right address and can they do this I would be very grateful for any help
    Thank you

Looks right to me, that is your 'Benefit Delivery Centre' is it ????.
    As well has the ESA85 you also want to ask for 'all documentation used in arriving at that decision' ie: LT54 etc.

Jard
    thank you thats the address that the jobcentre gave me and also do I ask for the LT54 aswell and could you please tell me what else to ask for as I'm so confused
    Thank you
    jdnw27370

Just cover yourself by asking for 'all documentation used in arriving at that decision', I'm unsure of all the doc numbers but that's two of them you have there and there are probably only about four in total. You will receive them all in the Tribunal bundle anyway, if as it looks to me you are organising an Appeal ??.

Thank you Jard
    I'm in the process of making an appeal I have sent the letter (recorded delivery) to ask for all the information I will just have to wait and see if the info turns up,,,, Thank you

I have received a letter from the DWP stating that it will take upto forty days for them to send me the ATOS report and any other relevent information that they have (so it must be in a warehouse in nepal) I have also visited my local advice centre and the person who is helping me is off sick at the moment so I was wondering if anyone can tell me what I should be doing while I'm waiting as it seems they have stopped the GL24 appeals form.
    Thank you

I think you need to get that GL24 in, I don't think they've altered that 28 day rule, if they wont give you one download one of the net, it's only the last 4 pages or so are the actual form. Fill it in, keep your 'reasons' simple just say something like 'you don't believe your case has been considered fully/fairly and you believe you should be placed in the WRAG or SG or whatever. Then make a copy for you to keep and post it in to them, get a proof of posting when you do.

We need more information to help you more fully.
    All the best.

Thank you Jard after I visited the advice centre they informed me that the DWP were not using the GL24 but I have seen on the government website that it is there so I'm a bit confused now and if its on the website it should also be in the benefits office the person I'm supposed to be seeing is back in next week so I dont want to step on anyones toes but I wil get someone to call in to my local jobcenter to see if they can get me a GL24

send in GL24 your decision was made before 28/10/13 so there is no change to the way you appeal

vikstar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdnw27370 View Post
    Thank you Jard after I visited the advice centre they informed me that the DWP were not using the GL24 but I have seen on the government website that it is there so I'm a bit confused now and if its on the website it should also be in the benefits office the person I'm supposed to be seeing is back in next week so I dont want to step on anyones toes but I wil get someone to call in to my local jobcenter to see if they can get me a GL24
    As you have been advised on here, you can still use the GL24 Form, which can be downloaded and printed off from here, https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ision-is-wrong

You only need to print of the actual form after page 20.

The GL24 is no longer usable for decisions made after 28/10/13 where you would be informed in the decision notice letter that you would first have to undergo a mandatory reconsideration. This does not affect you.

Get your appeal in ASAP, you only have a month from the date of the decision notice, and you can just state that you disagree with the decision and wish to appeal it, initially. This will protect your right of appeal and you can provide further details when you have the support in place.

You don't say what decision you are appealing, but if it's fit for work, you will also need to get a fit note from your G.P. to cover you from the date of the fit for work decision. Send it in with the GL24, keep copies of both. Once the DWP receive the GL24 and fit note, you should be entitled to assessment rate ESA.

If it's WRAG that you are appealing, you don't need a fit note.
    Last edited by vikstar; 05-11-13 at 18:02.