Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I had the SDA to ESA letter today.

I had the SDA to ESA letter today.

My stomach has totally fallen out of me I knew it was coming but had the letter today.
    Do they keep you long before that phone call or does it vary ?

It should be a week or two, no more than that, until you receive the phone call and then the same again for the ESA 50. You should start preparing ready to fill that in, see you're Doctor and ask what information they can give you about you're condition(s) this should be at least a summary of what your suffering from plus a meds list. That was all I had when I did mine, over a year ago, then you use that to help you answer the questions in the ESA 50 by cross referencing to it. But copy any and all medical information you have or can obtain and send it in with the ESA 50 as it's all 'evidence', you keep all the originals.

good luck with it.

thank you so much for that.

Strangely I never had the phone call, it was just an ESA50 and accompanying letter through the letterbox.

I never had a phone call either. Just the letter to say my IB was changing to Esa, then the forms a couple of weeks later.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Because of the problems with speech (lost most of my upper jaw) and on large doses of Moprhine Dad went to the job centre explained the trouble I have with speech in General and the lady is going to send out the ESA form tonight. I wonder will this just stop the phone call now or will I have to be careful with Two application forms flying around

Sorry for sounding like a Sap I am totally terrified ive been unable to eat anything all day I went for an DWP Medical back in 1988
    the guy said then I wouldn't be asked back for a medical I just had to hand in Doctors papers yearly)
    Last edited by atj; 28-10-13 at 15:57.

This is so hard but please don't panic,use this time to gather your evidence,the more you can send with the ESA50 the better,my GP wrote me a supporting letter once I had filled the form in but I know not all doctors are willing to.

I have been waiting 5 months,ATOS have told dwp I should be in the support group but dwp make the final decision and this takes time so I have a while to go yet before I know.

The thing is you are already ill enough and as hard as it is you have to tackle this and try not to let it make you worse,i know it is easier said than done but you must eat,you must take support from family and seek advice from CAB about the form when it arrives,some say CAB are not much help but they will know if you have a benefits welfare officer and can tell you where to contact that person.

Please don't let them do this to you,the weaker you get the less able you will be to fill the form in with as much detail as possible and gather your evidence,i have gone to pieces so many times over them and now I am waiting for a decision from both esa and my dla renewal so I know your pain but if this does not end the way we need it to we need our strength to appeal,i will not let them destroy me to the point where I can't even do that and you must not either.

You must take care of yourself and with help just prepare the best case you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Worried View Post
    This is so hard but please don't panic,use this time to gather your evidence,the more you can send with the ESA50 the better,my GP wrote me a supporting letter once I had filled the form in but I know not all doctors are willing to.

I have been waiting 5 months,ATOS have told dwp I should be in the support group but dwp make the final decision and this takes time so I have a while to go yet before I know.

The thing is you are already ill enough and as hard as it is you have to tackle this and try not to let it make you worse,i know it is easier said than done but you must eat,you must take support from family and seek advice from CAB about the form when it arrives,some say CAB are not much help but they will know if you have a benefits welfare officer and can tell you where to contact that person.

Please don't let them do this to you,the weaker you get the less able you will be to fill the form in with as much detail as possible and gather your evidence,i have gone to pieces so many times over them and now I am waiting for a decision from both esa and my dla renewal so I know your pain but if this does not end the way we need it to we need our strength to appeal,i will not let them destroy me to the point where I can't even do that and you must not either.

You must take care of yourself and with help just prepare the best case you can.
    thank you so much x
    you really don't know how much that means what you wrote

The phone call is only a courtesy call and it doesn't matter if you don't take it, they will send the ESA50 form out anyway - so don't worry on that score. As advised above, do the best job you can completing it, get help if necessary, and hope that is enough for them otherwise it's onward to Appeal - as many of us have had to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jard View Post
    The phone call is only a courtesy call and it doesn't matter if you don't take it, they will send the ESA50 form out anyway - so don't worry on that score. As advised above, do the best job you can completing it, get help if necessary, and hope that is enough for them otherwise it's onward to Appeal - as many of us have had to do.
    Yes I think it will go there. I was reading on a forum and apparently the illness (behcets) I have the onset Juvenile from isn't even listed in that book the DWP use for various illness.Complaints apparently one lady who has it multisystem like myself the first thing that ATOS
    doctor told her was "no way can you have this list of symptoms" thank you about the phone call information that has been worrying greatly its hard enough trying to talk with my Family