Thread: How to

wussrats

How to

Hi All
    I have had my blue badge for a number of years, my problem is that whilst I would like to take advantage of a new car through motability, my son is against it as he feels you can get cheaper elsewhere. I just want the peace of mind. when I rang motablity they said that I can either buy car after 3 years or extend to 5 years and then buy BUT the car I have chosen is a Nissan Note tekna which is £16,700 what would I expect to pay in 3 or 5 years time for it?

Quote Originally Posted by wussrats View Post
    Hi All
    I have had my blue badge for a number of years, my problem is that whilst I would like to take advantage of a new car through motability, my son is against it as he feels you can get cheaper elsewhere. I just want the peace of mind. when I rang motablity they said that I can either buy car after 3 years or extend to 5 years and then buy BUT the car I have chosen is a Nissan Note tekna which is £16,700 what would I expect to pay in 3 or 5 years time for it?
    You say you have a Blue Badge, I presume that you also receive DLA HRMC as Blue Badge alone will not get you a Motability Car.

Motability will extend your lease at the end of a 3 year lease but only if you have 15,000 miles or less on the clock.

Motability is a Charity and will sell you your car at the end of the lease but it will always be at whatever the full book price is at that particular time. Like all 2nd hand cars this is dependent on lots of variables, ie Mileage, condition, age of car etc etc.
    Last edited by Kodiak; 26-10-13 at 18:31.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe