Thread: jsa claims as a couple

corbyloyal

jsa claims as a couple

hi guys i have recently moved with my partner to stay with her mother untill we get a place sorted to live she was already claiming income based jsa i have started a new claim for contribution based jsa as i have been working for the last 18 months would we have to claim together or because my claim is for contribution based could that be a stand alone claim???
    also there has been a doubt about where i am living i have told them i am staying on a friends sofa but they wish to investigate this. what difference would it make where i was living for this to affect my claim?? any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you

If your partner is still claiming Income Based JSA and you go to live with her, any of your income (be it benefits or employed earnings) WILL affect her JSA because her claim is Income Based.
    Maybe you could claim JSA as a couple?