Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My PIP Journey

My PIP Journey

Thought I would start a new thread as the old title didn't really say what it was about.

Applied for PIP on the phone 25th June.

Form received 5 days later and promptly sent back 1st July sent recorded special delivery.

July 20th received letter for my assessment appointment that was to far to travel, rang up Atos who then changed it to a one 5 minutes from my home.

August 5th had my assessment today, went well and not as bad as my ESA, was told a decision would be made in around 3/4 weeks.

Today Oct 22nd. I have phoned Atos and the DWP every 2 weeks since my assessment, Dwp say it's nothing to do with them and phone Atos Phoned Atos they say it's in the pile and they will get to it.
    11 weeks on since my Assessment and 17 weeks since I first applied.

The saga continues.
    Last edited by Mr-Grumpy; 22-10-13 at 21:53.

notnamedbill
    Your just in front of me Mr Grumpy, my appointment was put back to Nov 5th because they were fully booked? I have had no experience of this type of thing before except for blue badge which I failed miserably (definitely a fish out of water syndrome). Although mine is via capita, the type of interview must be the same or similar, so any tips

I did the phone call Sept 24th, paperwork arrived Oct 15th, told to expect response with appointment in 6 to 7weeks from returning it.
    Getting more and more drawn out.

Is it possible that the DWP were holding out on making certain PIP awards until they finally decided (yesterday) on the PIP 20 metre rule for Enhanced Mobility Comp? It does sound rather suspicious......

notnamedbill
    You may be correct IVB, I was actually a week in front of Mr grumpy. I started to ring DWP after a fortnight of the in by date and three days after Capita wrote to me? When I tried to book it on line all the appointments had gone (22nd to 25th Aug) and the quickest I could get seen was the 5th Nov?

It fits your supposition!

Another of my issues/problems is that if some one says with in 14 days, then I expect it to be with in 14 days not with in 28 days! If it's going to be 28 then tell me this and I will not bother you before then............STANDARDS

But what does this 'pleb' know?

Lol mate, notnamedbill,

PIP is a mystery at the moment, and dont our 'lovely' Government know it!
    I'm sure that many other of our forum members might agree.

Quote Originally Posted by ivb View Post
    Is it possible that the DWP were holding out on making certain PIP awards until they finally decided (yesterday) on the PIP 20 metre rule for Enhanced Mobility Comp? It does sound rather suspicious......
    Think people will start to get their held up results shortly now they've decided on keeping the 20M distance.

jimboriley
    I think I beat you all I applied at the beginning of June then about 2 weeks later they sent me a letter saying they had not received the application and had 2,weeks to do so or the claim would be void. I phoned them to say I had sent it they then said oh yes it's here.I asked how long would it take they said about 10 weeks ain't heard from them since. Could anyone advise me what I should do

I applied for PIP in June 2013. Was waiting for appointment, and to be well enough to get to welfare rights. So didn't send form back straight away. I got a letter 2weeks after applying, telling me I hadn't returned form. (They were quick on the mark on that). I did however return form in good time (25th July). I was sent an appointment for assessment (18th September 2013) My son arranged time of work to come with me. I then received a phone call at 9am on a Saturday morning. I let it go to answer phone. The message was to tell me that my appointment had been cancelled and that they send me a new date out. I now have an appointment for tomorrow 5th November. I will have to go alone as son cannot be with me. I don't know of anyone who has had a result for PIP yet. This is new for us and THEM. ATOS are doing mine. I won appeal for support group ESA but it was a long drawn our journey. I feel I have not had a stress free day for 15months with this lot. I feel that they now own me. Good luck to us allxx

Quote Originally Posted by cookiesmum View Post
    I applied for PIP in June 2013. Was waiting for appointment, and to be well enough to get to welfare rights. So didn't send form back straight away. I got a letter 2weeks after applying, telling me I hadn't returned form. (They were quick on the mark on that). I did however return form in good time (25th July). I was sent an appointment for assessment (18th September 2013) My son arranged time of work to come with me. I then received a phone call at 9am on a Saturday morning. I let it go to answer phone. The message was to tell me that my appointment had been cancelled and that they send me a new date out. I now have an appointment for tomorrow 5th November. I will have to go alone as son cannot be with me. I don't know of anyone who has had a result for PIP yet. This is new for us and THEM. ATOS are doing mine. I won appeal for support group ESA but it was a long drawn our journey. I feel I have not had a stress free day for 15months with this lot. I feel that they now own me. Good luck to us allxx
    Hi I had a PIP appointment cancelled which was 15/10/2013 where they, Capita were visiting me at home. After running past my appointment time by 50 minutes and no one had arrived I gave them a call to be told that someone had called my home address the previous day, no one answered and they don't leave answer phone messages due to data protection and it being "medical stuff". I was in all day the previous day and no such phone call was heard by me or registered on my missed calls. My wife would have been present for this appointment but my new appointment at home took place today Monday 04/11/2013 and you guessed it I was on my own as my wife was at work. Just the "big wait" now to see the result.
    I think we all need the luck, I was medically retired November 2012 after being assessed by works doctor as having two permanent disabilities one of which I picked up at work. All as I've done since being medically retired is fill in forms and attend assessments on my health. It's infuriating as my works doctor and an independent doctor assessed my disabilities
    as permanent and made the decision of medically retiring me on the strength of their assessments which was no a decision of theirs that they took lightly. The fact that I've been assessed by two healthcare professionals who decided to medically retire me ending my career should be enough, right I've had my rant but like you say these folks own us.
    Best of luck to all especially with filling in those bloody forms!!!!!