Thread: Do dwp usually agree with ATOS when deciding on ESA?

Do dwp usually agree with ATOS when deciding on ESA?

My husband rang Atos and they said they had completed their report and sent it to ESA a couple of weeks ago but they could not tell us on the phone what that report said.

My husband called ESA and someone called back and said that they have not yet made their final decision and it could be some time yet but that ATOS have said on their report that they recommend I be put in the support group for 18 months.

I know this is only the view of ATOS,the DWP will make their own decision but do they generally agree with ATOS in most cases? Any experiences? Thank you.

ATOS will tell you that they merely inform the DWP Decision Maker of their clinical medical findings, that they are NOT responsible for the DWP's final decision making. But, in my opinion anyway, the DWP DO listen to the ATOS findings and base their awards directly on ATOS's opinion.

Thanks ivb,yes ATOS did say that they are not the ones that make the final decision and the guy who rang from esa said the same thing too,i just wonderded if esa do actually read the report and take notice of it,i know it sounds crazy but I am praying they do because although no one involved in my medical care believes I will be better in 18 months that kind of respite from it all would be a god send to me so I hope they stick with what ATOS have said....and then I can recoup and prepare for next time.