Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Energy Company

I've finally settled on EDF for daughter, savings of £9.00 a month it's until 2015 with no get out fee.
    Sea Queen

Of course we know now that "fixed" doesn't actually mean fixed...

I was accosted today by sales people from Eon, I told them i was "not interested, i don't trust any of you"
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Just had my letter from British Gas outlining the price rises. Had a look on a few comparison sites and nothing much on there for me. But British Gas are offering a fixed term till March 2016, this would work out about £6 a month more than I am paying now. Even so, this would be less than the increase, so I am signing up for the fixed term today. There is an exit fee, but I have no intention of leaving, so not a problem. My Sister-in-law works for one of the big six, (EDF, I think) and I discussed it all with her and she agrees staying where I am with a fixed term is best for me.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote Originally Posted by sea queen View Post
    I've finally settled on EDF for daughter, savings of £9.00 a month it's until 2015 with no get out fee.
    I'm with EDF SQ and they are very good. In saying that I'm just trying to ring them right now (freephone number tho) as I want to change my package. I've been on hold for 26 mins so far ! Good job it's freephone lol

I thought I would give it a try, Switching my Electric Supplier. So last night I went on to uSwitch.com and I filled in all my details. Quite easy really and within a few seconds I had my result.

I am with SSE, (Scottish Hydro Electric) Pre-Paid Key Meter, and it came back that three other Suppliers would be cheaper than SSE and they were :-

EON would be £1.75 a week cheaper

Scottish Power would be £1.25 a week cheaper

EDF would be £1.00 a week cheaper

All of them said that this was for a Pre-Paid Key Meter Only as that they could not supply me with a Credit Meter. Also that the rate I would be on would be their Variable Rate, Not a Fixed Rate and that the price could go up.

So I do believe I will stay as I am, as I know that SSE will give me £135 worth of Power in March next year, better the devil you know and all that.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

42 minutes later, I've got my package frozen until March 2017 for less than I am paying monthly now

Daughter is with British Gas at the moment and I also got her the £135.00 earlier this year.
    I called the people who did the checks for this (think it's the Government), to check if the monies would still be paid to EDF.
    I was told yes B/Gas would have to pay it into her new account as she was with them in July this year.
    All I have to do is call B/Gas and advise them of her new account.
    Sea Queen

We've never changed since all this started ,mainly because can't make head nor tail of the price comparison sites, and we don't have gas. So still with Scottish Power on the variable rare.

I haven't changed company either SFU but what you can do is make sure you have the BEST package with the company you use if you don't want to change.

Daughters savings was because I switched to Direct Debit instead of her paying a monthly fee at the post office plus EDF have yet to put up their rates.
    As the Ofgem have slapped a ban on them changing fixed rates now it should stand until 2015 (I'm hoping )
    Sea Queen