Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Account Deletion?

We have lost some great people on here and it is sad. I have noticed things being said that seem to be intended to "stir things up". I sincerely hope I have never offended anyone in any of my posts.
    I do not have the best knowledge but try to post positive comments, negative comments help nobody.
    I hope you decide to stay Paul as your knowledge is very useful, and it would be very sad if a minority meant the best people were no longer on the forum.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Hi Paul I hope you don't leave not only are you DA MAN when it comes to mobility you're a very kind and considerate person it would be very sad day to see you go sending you my best wishes and a big hug xx

Hi Paul - I am fairly new to this forum (joined in August) but I wish I had discovered it years ago. The help and advice I have gleaned has been invaluable and it's always interesting to use the forums to 'feel the pulse' about disability issues and to note that there's are lots of other people who are experiencing the same issues/problems as yourself. Personally I only respond to threads if either I find it applies to my wife and I or if I feel there is something useful I can contribute. I think that the problems of the aggressive or confrontational contributions tend to arise when folk are giving their views about a situation rather than being constructive. It is probably best to keep such thoughts to oneself as you can never get the whole story from the limited information that is provided.

As regards your personal contribution Paul to the 'motoring' forum it simply would not be the same without your input. You seem to have an encyclopeadic knowledge of the Motability scheme and cars in general and this adds great value to the forum. Probably best to ignore any feedback/responses that seem aggressive - perhaps they're just having a bad day!

Please don't leave.

Paul
    I only come on this site because of YOUR valuable and selfless efforts in the motoring section,a wealth of knowledge like yours particularly to new Motability customers is beyond the call of duty so to speak.
    Pease dont let comments on a screen put you off.
    i think this thread and other comments will show you how much you are appreciated.

1706 posts says something. The site is not perfect but has real people with lots to exchange. I have been corrected and admonished etc. But I have also gained a lot of great information I could not get elsewhere. There are some real experts here.

Yes firebird I remember the old youreable before it was closed down in those days it had the page where you could put ads for penpals etc i'm still in contact with some of those today, but that got hijacked by certain people and like you say closed i hope this one doesn't as there are not many good disabled free sites anymore they all seem to get hijacked for some reason.
    Noticed Paul not been back on here hope he asn't left

Quote Originally Posted by deebee View Post
    I think it would be a terrible shame if Paul left
    I agree........ Stick around please Paul...

Quote Originally Posted by tommo View Post
    I agree........ Stick around please Paul...
    Ditto.

Paul, please don't let a few comments of a minority of 'keyboard warriors' deprive the rest of the members here of your invaluable knowledge and help.

As someone else who remembers the old YA forum, I recall it seemed to die because of just a few people. Please don't let a very small minority again cause the breakdown of what is a great website. The majority of members really and fully appreciate all you do for this website, particularly in the Motoring section.

Another Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblu64 View Post
    We have lost some great people on here and it is sad. I have noticed things being said that seem to be intended to "stir things up". I sincerely hope I have never offended anyone in any of my posts.
    I do not have the best knowledge but try to post positive comments, negative comments help nobody.
    I hope you decide to stay Paul as your knowledge is very useful, and it would be very sad if a minority meant the best people were no longer on the forum.
    I agree with everything BB has said here. And for the record BB you don't upset people. On the other hand......if I get a bee in my bonnet then I'm sure I have upset people, but then certainty NOT people who are doing their level best to help me and others x

Please don't go Paul your information is valuable to many.Why don't the mods read the posts and remove or block them if they think they are offensive and send the poster a message explaining why the post was removed.
    What some think is meant to be funny others might take offence, me my self i just read the posts and think "ok someones having a bad day and needs to get it out of there system" and to do it to a faceless thing might be a lot easier than face to face with someone.