Thread: Help, work programme non attendance? ESA50 deadline?

Help, work programme non attendance? ESA50 deadline?

hi, Been on ESA Wrag, and now have another ESA50 to fill in, also been going to work programme meetings.

Some concerns/worries:
    - what would happen if did not attend work programme meeting? can i reschedule it?
    - what would happen if I didnt meet the ESA50 deadline? can i get an extension date? if deadline is missed what happens? simply get another form/later date?

Too much going on in my life/health, some kind of breakdown/crisis. cant make decisions. I dont know what to do. I need more time. I cant deal with esa/work programme, when i fill in ESA50 again, does my WRAG money get reduced to assessment phase rate again? i need a break. can i go away and postpone above meetings/forms?

worse that can happen, sanction? or all benefits stop?

thankyou

I would advise completing the ESA50 and returning before the deadline, this will probably result in a medical assessment.

My understanding is you would need to provide a valid reason why you are unable to attend a meeting, however, it can be re-scheduled if you do have a valid reason.

With everything going on your life at the moment, I would urge you to go to CAB, perhaps with a friend or family member). They are brilliant, and will complete the form for you, and also advise.

You must fill in and return the ESA50 by the deadline - if you don't your money will stop. I know it is stressful to do, but not doing it and having your money stopped would (in my opinion) be a far more stressful and more complicated situation to sort out.

could she just fill in a little bit of the ESA50 and send it off, and write on it that she is too ill to fill it in properly right now, at least she would make the deadline.....(thats what i would do)

As you are in the WRAG, it is my understanding that they can only saction you for the work-related compartment of your ESA.

Also, if you don't feel well enough to attend, inform them as soon as you can and make sure you are clear in your reasons.

As for your ESA50, it *may*(I say *may* because it could have changed) be possible to get an extension, if you again, have a 'valid' reason.

As from last year sanctions apply to the personal allowance, also it is virtually impossible to get an extensionfor the EAS50, if you ask make sure t is in writing.

There simply must be provisions in place to allow for an extension to completion of ESA50 for exceptional personal circumstances! Yet personally I know of none but indeed as FredTheFrog quite rightly says, make sure it's in writing.
    Tell them in writing of your circumstances, see what they say. It may well surprise us all!

I really should get out more, but lurking on the internet (as one does), I found this rather interesting. Part 5 chapter 36..............

http://ssac.independent.gov.uk/pdf/e...-regs-2012.pdf

It seems that there may just be provision for exceptional circumstances, just 'may'.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneD View Post
    could she just fill in a little bit of the ESA50 and send it off, and write on it that she is too ill to fill it in properly right now, at least she would make the deadline.....(thats what i would do)
    Suzanne this is seriously bad advice.

Forms have to be returned on time for good reasons, especially if it is a re-assessment. Otherwise money could be stopped. Also people need to make sure that forms are filled in properly, otherwise they may get the wrong decision.

Quote Originally Posted by ivb View Post
    I really should get out more, but lurking on the internet (as one does), I found this rather interesting. Part 5 chapter 36..............

http://ssac.independent.gov.uk/pdf/e...-regs-2012.pdf

It seems that there may just be provision for exceptional circumstances, just 'may'.
    The law does not allow for an extension but you can return it late with good cause but this depends on dwp accepting it.