Thread: Waiting for your car?

gavinr

Unhappy Waiting for your car?

hi
    Are you still waiting for your motobility car? My car was due on the 3rd September and now just received another phone call [5 in total] saying more delays and the car should be here on the 2nd of November. Is this normal? has anyone else have had to wait on their car?

This can and does happen. The delivery time has nothing to with Motability but it is the Car Manufacturer. Cars are only made now as per they are ordered, so it all depends on the orders and the plant where they are being made.

I ordered my new car 3 months ago and was advised the delivery would be the 13th October. I have since learned that this date has been put back until the 25th October. I have also been informed that my car is in the UK as of last week so I am hoping I will get it on the 25th.

Your Motability adviser at your car dealer should be able to tell you if your car in in the UK and a ETA for delivery.
    Last edited by Kodiak; 17-10-13 at 14:24.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

From doing a few years in the trade (although many years ago) I know that despite global economy being as it is a lot of manufactures have right had drive and some left (but a less percentage) versions of the car at Zeebrugge (google map search and zoom in to see how many cars are just sitting here) this is stock destined for uk and far eastern markets. It is left there because of the logistics side of things (either getting ordered by the uk or some place in far east).

So if you can always try when ordering a car from a manufacture that builds outside the uk, asking if they have access to view stock in Zeebrugge. If you then are willing to be a bit flexible on colour you car could be sitting at dealers within 2 weeks of ordering.

wont help with people renewing, but it could help with people getting there first car.