Thread: Esa appeal date next week for tribunal hearing

Esa appeal date next week for tribunal hearing

hi everyone after nearly 6 months of not hearing and waiting for my appeal to be heard i have finally been given a date but as i suffer from anxiety and depression i chose not to attend the hearing. Will it go against me for choosing not to attend? I had a total of 6 points after the Atos medical so i appealed against the descion. Does any one know if i do fail will my benefit be stopped right away without warning like it did when i failed the atos medical And if by some miracle they do overturn the descion and i'm successful will my money be back dated

its always better to attend and give your version of disability's instead of leaving it up to the panel to assume there verdict
    benefit will stop as soon as decision made if it goes against you
    if you win yes it will be backdated

I would strongly advise you to attend, simply to have the opportunity of speaking to the panel. Although they will have all the information in the Tribunal bundle, your presence can influence their final decision.

Please attend and take someone with you. That person can do all the talking if you don't feel able to speak to strangers.

I wish you lots of luck, and please let us know how you get on.

I had 6 points and appealed. I didn't go to the hearing either, they didn't give me a hearing date just had the letter saying I had won the appeal. As long as you have sent them enough information and they have all the facts there shouldn't be any problems. If you don't feel there is enough evidence in the papers then try and go to the hearing, in my case I felt there was nothing I could add and as I also get very anxious and had nobody to go with me I didn't go

my money was backdated and the full amount was in my bank on the next payday. although this was 4 weeks ago I still haven't had a letter from DWP informing me of the decision....

hope it all goes well for you

yes its always best to go!! i was very very nervious but if there not sure about what to do, then you being there to tell them your side could just swing it for you>>>i know its terifying but GO

Indeed, this is important. Take a companion and go to it. You have a far greater chance of success if you are there in person. It's over in a matter of minutes!!!

Thanks for all your responses, I wish I could attend the tribunal but i chose not to and just dont feel well enough to go, I'm just hoping for the best, I spoke to someone on the phone and hey confirmed a date was set for this friday so fingers crossed

Hi trinity80, I will keep fingers and toes crossed for you, wishing you the best of luck. Please let us know the outcome hon.