Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time we all had a coffee!

I am drinking lots of earl grey and eating lots of toast now that my appetite has returned
    I currently have pleurisy and did not want to eat at all for the first two days
    I was hoping I might have lost a couple of pounds but am still as rotund as ever
    well done druid for giving up first the booze and then the coffee

Sorry I havent been about. I had bad toothache and had a nightmare finding someone to treat me. Being over 23 stone exceeds the safe limit of the dental chairs. That rejection started a spiral of despair and tbh I'm still pretty low. The system fails people in my circumstance. I used to be a highly active person, fit, big but not fat in any way, outgoing and successful. After my breakdown and loss of mobility due to circulation problems I've become housebound and inactive. Throw in the prescription drugs and comfort eating during 2 depressions and my weight is now an additional factor. I'll be back and more active once I've pulled out of this self pity-fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    Hello folks I've not been active on the forums as I've had a few issues to sort out.

I'm a volunteer Trustee for a user led disability group and they are today in the process of moving out of their old premises into another fresh office space. I've been going to meetings to fine tune the lease contract details. There were health and safety issues re fire evacuation too so I had to engage a fire risk assessment officer to point out what needs doing

On a more leisurely note I'd been attending a self development course in town that's just finished - all paid for by the disability organisation I belong too.

Yesterday morning I spent some time at the athletics track doing my inclusive cycling on a trike. The weather was beautiful for this time of year - sun out, the breeze on your face and having a chat while wheeling.

On Sunday I went to the Cornerhouse cinema in the city centre to see 'Jasmin Blue' - a 90 minute film starring my favourite actress - Cate Blanchett and written/directed by Woody Allen - worth seeing. I want to see the new blockbuster coming out soon called 'Gravity' which is based in space - in 3D.

On a down side tomorrow, Thursday, Ive got to go to Abraham Moss Campus to a Mediation Services meeting on behalf of my parents about this damn garage roof and their problematic neighbour. I'm hoping there will be a way forward as there have been problems since before Dec 2008 - that'll be fun.

This Sunday the village are unveiling a bronze statue to honour a local comedian who died three years ago of cancer - Frank Sidebottom. He was well known locally back in the 70s/80s. Funny how you become more famous once you've 'popped your clogs'.

In the meantime I'll be popping out for a latte at lunchtime today and grab a read of the newspaper called 'i'.

Four months ago I bought two tickets to see the theatre show 'War Horse' in Manchester. I've seen the film put the puppetry looks so realistic I wanted to see it first hand next month - should be interesting.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHIt...embedded#at=96
    Wow LT you have been a busy bee. It's good to hear, despite health issues, you are able to lead a constructive happy life. It's good to have you back and I hope we will see more of you

Quote Originally Posted by druid View Post
    Hi everyone i would just like to say as an alcaholic who hasnt drank for years i became a strong perculated coffee adict ....
    Ive been 2years now without caffeene and never buy a bag of sugar and while i still love the smell of coffee im feeling much more balanced and sleep better√√ good health all ...what made me think was 3 people i knew who drank lots of coffee had strokes if you drink coffee it advised 2cups a day and not to drink any 5hours before sleep!! GOOD HEALTH ALL !!!
    Fantastic druid that you have overcome addictions, I truly wish you good positive health for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by deebee View Post
    I am drinking lots of earl grey and eating lots of toast now that my appetite has returned
    I currently have pleurisy and did not want to eat at all for the first two days
    I was hoping I might have lost a couple of pounds but am still as rotund as ever
    well done druid for giving up first the booze and then the coffee
    Happy to hear you have your appetite back hon, I know how you feel re rotundness (is that a word? probably not lol). I eat very little, and can't lose any weight.

Earl Grey - ugh, it's like drinking perfume in your tea lol. I like strong black tea (builders tea)

Quote Originally Posted by Tatty_Tat View Post
    Sorry I havent been about. I had bad toothache and had a nightmare finding someone to treat me. Being over 23 stone exceeds the safe limit of the dental chairs. That rejection started a spiral of despair and tbh I'm still pretty low. The system fails people in my circumstance. I used to be a highly active person, fit, big but not fat in any way, outgoing and successful. After my breakdown and loss of mobility due to circulation problems I've become housebound and inactive. Throw in the prescription drugs and comfort eating during 2 depressions and my weight is now an additional factor. I'll be back and more active once I've pulled out of this self pity-fest.
    Hey TT, good to see you. I am so sorry you are feeling low - just remember you are a beautiful person with a big heart.

thanks everyone i think like many people im very impulsive and im afraid me and coffee had to part (i miss it but cant stop drinking it once i start)..
    as for TT yes that very bad when you know eating to much is not good for you but you have lost the will to change, i dont know what the answer is because will power is the key to recovery? but dont give up and if you can take a day or time as a starting point and you will have to try, it wont be easy but im sure you can grit your teeth and defiy the cravings , also avoid people who may be a negative influence on your sittuation (i avoid alcoholics for obvious reasons) .. if you can move about as much as you can this will help ..GOODLUCK

Hi everyone. Well so glad to hear from you all, nice to know we're all coping but more importantly that we're all here still!!

Tatty on a personal note. Your weight is as much a disability as if you had been in an accident and lost the use of your limbs. I had a dentist who refused to treat me on chair to weight issues and as i pointed out to him he has to provide equipment suitable for use by disabled people. If a patient in a wheelchair enters the surgery, the dentist may ask about the circumstances which led to special equipment being needed, however there is np pbligation on the patients behalf to say for instance i was driving under tje influence and killed three innocent pepple. He/she just says i was in a car accident, the dentist says how dreadful i'll get the special equipment. Because your weight is so easy to blame you for they are prejudging your circumstances. Thats prejudice and i would encourage ypu to demand equal treatment. 23 stone isnt even bariatric equipment. Most chairs go to 25 at least.

Druid i managed to give up coffee for six months. Im back to slurping it down with a happy smile. Being a lady were allowed up to eight cups a day with a reduction of 20% mortality if over 55 and drinking no less than four cups. One of the few good reasons for being a girlie in a mans world!!!

Hello everyone

Just thought I'd pop in to say hello. My iPad battery is about to die so if I don't finish I will be back later.

I hope you are all as well as possible.

After nearly 6 months I'm STILL waiting for my ESA result

I'm been messed about by the mental health team. Did anyone see "999 what's your emergency" Monday evening it was about the lack of support for people with mental health illnesses.

Batter is going ill be back........