Thread: Spam

Spam

What's with all the spam on the forum?

I can't even report it all as i've got to wait 120s between each post!
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

i saw it all last night Paul where are the moderators?

4 to 5 posts so nobody click on them.

for now i am out of here until it is sorted.

after this message and more spam including my heart post which also got it, i contacted the web master and it seems to have worked but did ask that moderators show themselves on the forum to deter.

All I did was report post and within a few minutes the posts had gone. Which is normally the case
    This is just an observation and not a criticism of the above complaints, Mods do have to sleep, so unless the complainers can do a better job 24/7 then perhaps grateful thanks should go to the moderators for all their hard work in keeping the forum running instead of the back stabbing.

No, why is the spam getting past the software?

AND why do we have to wait 120s between posts to report more than one opccurence of SPAM!!
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

moderators might have to sleep but the spam was there last night when paul tried to report it and his message got blocked.

absolute no back stabbing going on here but on other forums you will find the moderators showing on the forums and if there are any problems then they can be contacted.

one of my messages was totally stamped on by one of these spammers so guess i am right to be a little annoyed, by the way i run an information website and have done for nearly 3 years.

after i reported the spam on here another spammer jumped on the message!

There has been a sudden spike in spam, both spam that you have seen and spam that was blocked by the software. Admin is also very unhappy with this level of spam and without going into too much specific detail which would help spammers Admin will:
    Upgrade our spam software
    Re-introduce the human verification requirement for new member registrations (this is the box that requires two words to be copied)
    Stop new members from adding links until they have posted a certain number of times
    Turn off new registrations over the weekend in case the forum gets swamped with spam again

The 120s between posts was introduced last Christmas to limit the bumping of old threads. Admin has lowered this this morning following your feedback.
    Thank you to everyone who reports spam, it is appreciated

Admin