Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shopping experiences

snap, 99% shopping done online and most xmas shopping done through year
    Drs. large automatic doors
    Dentist up so many stairs I always feel like I am having an asthma attack by the time I get to the top

Just one snag though with shopping online....I ordered a green toaster from Asda Direct, and they have sent me a PINK one lol

hips

and measurements!, I keep ordering stuff from amazon and thinking it is bigger than it actually is.
    My daughter in law loves VW van gifts, so I ordered a cross stitch sew your own VW for her as part of her xmas present, I may now have to order her a magnifying glass to see it with!

I went to see my dental hygienist in central Manchester last week. Parked up in a normal on road parking bay displaying badge. Front door isn't automatic but inside there's a ramped entrance with handrais, accessible loo on ground floor. Rachael normally works in the basement but they make 'easonable adjustments so when the dentist goes to lunch we use his ground floor dentist room. Very good service from all the friendly staff - you can't do this online! lol

I also do the majority of my shopping online, especially groceries as a. my local Tesco is an Express store and more expensive and b. the nearest Asda has a truly awful car park and you can never get a disabled space unless it's about 2am (even then the disabled spots are full of chavs parked across 2 bays, people using the cash points and taxis).

Managed to get out for a couple of hours last Friday morning and took the opportunity to go to Asda (nowhere to park of course), bought a few bits of light shopping and checked out the dates on the chilled items I was ordering for Xmas dinner and getting delivered today (as they keep sending short dated stuff). Was very pleasantly surprised as they were all for early January

Just had the Asda delivery, 3 lots of chicken breast joint meals, all substitutions from what I'd actually ordered with best before (BB) dates of Dec 26th!, 3 packs of fresh prepared veg, BB dates of Dec 25th, 1.5Kg Cumberland pie, BB date Dec 26th!, that's a lot of food for two people to eat in 3 days! (and my freezer is full!)

So, apart from not getting what I actually wanted I now have a load of chilled food that will be past its BB date in 3 days, phoned Asda (yet again) and got a refund and yet another apology, not really much use as I now have to shop again for next weekends meals. I've tried Tesco and Sainsburys and they are no better.

nice read Lighttouch, thanks! great point too. hooray for the digital world, where would we be without it???

Most of mine done online now. In fact I spent an hour or so yesterday ordering almost all birthday presents and Christmas presents for next year. Saved a fortune in the sales and delivered to the door. No hassle during the year now and can forget about it.

I do most of my shopping online, or mum offers to go and get things for me. I often use the 'click and collect' services that are available.

I hate shopping as people are so rude. Chav mums with buggys & pushchairs expecting me, on crutches, to move out of the way for them. I just stand there and wait for them to move.

Too many people, too much walking, too much noise...*shudders*

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    Most of mine done online now. In fact I spent an hour or so yesterday ordering almost all birthday presents and Christmas presents for next year. Saved a fortune in the sales and delivered to the door. No hassle during the year now and can forget about it.
    My God you're so organised. I was collecting click and collect xmas presents on Christmas Eve. There were six people ahead of me - guess what - they were all men doing last minute shopping the easy and hassle free way.

Yes the next birthday is in 3 months so perhaps I should buy that now in the sales.

Here's one thing I'm looking into for my dad - pre-paid funerals with the co-op. It'sa way of reducing his capital so the state don't get in all in care home fees. Sounds morbid but its catching on and I think you can do it online too. He's not died but you can freeze the price and you know wat's included in the price - well he can no longer spend it on fancy breakaways and holidays. Now that's what I call thinking ahead!!

I used to sell pre-paid funerals, I,ve had some interesting jobs!