Thread: Universal Credit

Universal Credit

Does anyone know when we can expect the roll out of Universal Credit, I know the pathfinders have started, but for long term disabled people like myself some sites say it wont before 2015 some say 2016 some say never! Any ideas

Quote Originally Posted by StueyR View Post
    Does anyone know when we can expect the roll out of Universal Credit, I know the pathfinders have started, but for long term disabled people like myself some sites say it wont before 2015 some say 2016 some say never! Any ideas
    2017 is supposed to be the finish date, whether that it is true or not I don't know. If Labour get it in in 2015,then I expect them to either scrap UC or modify it. Anyone's guess at the moment!

I read somewhere Labour agree with it, so I dont thik they ll scrap it just modify it

vikstar
    There is no current timetable to roll it out to any other than single, fit, JSA claimants who don't claim any other benefits. That's all they can manage with a laptop and spreadsheet, as the IT doesn't work.

I read this earlier on today.

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/for...d=89018#111034

The only other info that the DWP are giving out is that all relevant claimants should be under UC by the end of 2017.

No Chance !!!!
    Last edited by vikstar; 25-09-13 at 19:16.

Quote Originally Posted by CTCELT88 View Post
    201 If Labour get it in in 2015,then I expect them to either scrap UC or modify it. Anyone's guess at the moment!
    Ha I learnt my lesson the hard way not to take any polititians word for it. Yes Labour are saying they would make changes to UC, like prolong it, but still - i won't believe it until i see it... thats if they ever win. If ukip takes the victory instead who knows what they have up their sleeves when it comes to disability benefits - anyone know?

Ukip - no chance - the old chap who opened his mouth yet again calling the ladies sluts and then ranted and threatened to interviewer has probably put the last nail in their coffin.
    I reckon he needs to leave the wine alone!
    Suppose that's why they have been called the looney party.
    Sea Queen