Thread: Labour tells PM to sack ATOS

Labour tells PM to sack ATOS

Now I wonder, if Labour got to power, would they remove ATOS? Guys, I found this rather interesting I must say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24195683

their contract is up for renewal at the same time anyway so are labour only making motions on the off chance to say we care when we all know they dont and who are they going to get to do it it wont end the wca

Indeed, the WCA will continue regardless.

They are vote hunting same as electric and gas priced held for 20 months yeah right and then it will go through the roof after that

My thoughts exactly Richard. The energy companies would do their utmost to retain current prices. As they are now private companies, I do not see how t hey could be made to freeze prices anyway. Unless they are actually breaking the law, I don't see how Labour could force them to do this.
    As for ATOS, if it is not them doing the assessments etc, it will be someone else. It is the whole system that needs to change, not the people carrying out the assessments.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    They are vote hunting same as electric and gas priced held for 20 months yeah right and then it will go through the roof after that
    Quite right, but how many gullible people will fall for it?

It would be interesting to ask ed M who it was who employed atos in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornwall View Post
    Quite right, but how many gullible people will fall for it?

It would be interesting to ask ed M who it was who employed atos in the first place.
    Spot on, Cornwall. ATOS are only doing what they do, thanks to the last Labour Government. Oh what short memories some people have !

Enough hot air from the labour leader to reduce fuel prices !!!!

Don't forget it is this Government and IDS and his henchmen in particular that have redefined the WCA and what ATOS do, they have been there for more than 3 years now. Had Labour continued in power I for one don't believe it would be the same situation has we have had to endure under this lot now.
    Last edited by Jard; 26-09-13 at 16:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Jard View Post
    Don't forget it is this Government and IDS and his henchmen in particular that have redefined the WCA and what ATOS do, they have been there for more than 3 years now. Had Labour continued in power I for one don't believe it would be the same situation has we have had to endure under this lot now.
    I agree. I went for an IB examination with Atos under Labour and they were quite different. For a start, I was examined by a GP! And he was very sympathetic and very genuine. It's not Atos that needs to change, its the directives that this govt. are imposing onto it that are wrong.