Thread: Please help with any info you can...

Question Please help with any info you can...

I've been on standard ESA for about a year and according to ATOS, I had ZERO points, which is crazy considering my back surgery and mental health problems.

Anyway, I said I wanted to go to a tribunal, it took 6 months of waiting for the tribunal, but it finally came yesterday and I won my case extremely easily and they said they are putting me on ESA Support or ESA + SUPPORT ??

Apparently it's extra money from standard ESA?

Standard ESA before Tribunal I was only getting £130 every 2 weeks....what will it go up to now?

Also, will they back-date my new payments? and for how far back?

Any info anyone can help me with will be so very much appreciated

thanks
    Matt

if it was a new claim it will be backdated to start of week 14
    if was a migration from ib/is it will be backdated to migration date
    from what you have been getting i can only assume you have a reduction to your esa do you have other form of income

Quote Originally Posted by bodybuilder27 View Post

Standard ESA before Tribunal I was only getting £130 every 2 weeks....what will it go up to now?

Any info anyone can help me with will be so very much appreciated

thanks
    Matt
    The Support Group component is around an extra £34 odd, normally added to the base rate £71.70. but you seem to have been getting a base rte of £65?

Can also depend on your circumstnaces as there's various top up allowances paid in certain circumstances. Your letter wil give you a breakdown of how it's been calculated when it arrives. Can also take several weeks for the backdated money to be paid.

Well done on your appeal success, but remember it can take some time for the Tribunal decison to reach the DWP and be put on their system. So keep sending in fit notes until you receive your confirmation letter from the DWP.

Quote Originally Posted by slipmaster View Post
    if it was a new claim it will be backdated to start of week 14
    if was a migration from ib/is it will be backdated to migration date
    from what you have been getting i can only assume you have a reduction to your esa do you have other form of income
    All i know is that I was on a standard Employment Support Allowance of £65 a week for prob a little over a year.

I went to ATOS assesment and they gave me ZERO points, but DWP said I can appeal and take it to a tribunal if I wanted to and i'd still be paid my ESA while I was waiting for the Tribunal Date.

I had to wait about 6 or 7 months and won yesterday, took about 5 mins in total in the Tribunal.

They said ESA Support is now my new one, so I'll be getting a bit extra per week,but with regards to back dated money, do they back date it from the day you said you wanted to appeal up to the time of your appeal success? In my case, It took me 6-7 months waiting for tribunal, so would i be back dated that 6-7 months worth?

Also, what money would I be back dated? The difference between standard ESA I was on and the ESA Support I should have been on?

Also, don't know what "migration from ib/is" means?

Sorry, i'm just really unlear and a bit slow in the head with these things.

Thanks for any and all help,
    Matt

vikstar
    " With regards to back dated money, do they back date it from the day you said you wanted to appeal up to the time of your appeal success?"

It will be backdated to the date of the zero points fit for work decision, unless it was a totally fresh claim for ESA, in that you were working or on JSA before claiming ESA, in which case it would be backdated to the start of the 14th week after you first made your claim.

" Also, what money would I be back dated? The difference between standard ESA I was on and the ESA Support I should have been on?"
    Yes.

"Also, don't know what "migration from ib/is" means?"
    All people in receipt of Incapacity Benefit (IB), Income Support (IS) on grounds of incapacity for work or Severe Disability Allowance (SDA), started to be transferred over to ESA from March 2011, this will continue until all of the above have been transferred over to ESA, which is scheduled to be by Spring 2014.

This transfer over to ESA is also known as "Migration".

thanks for the help....much appreciated.

The ZERO points by Atos was decided about 6-7 months ago, so looks like they owe me some £££

Account removed
    I would say your in for a bit of a prize for Christmas. well done for winning.

if its not too much trouble bodybuilder can you please tell me what you suffer from and what they asked you in the tribunal?

i'll be facing my own tribunal soon enough so for my own peace of mind could you tell me what sort of stuff they questioned you about and what was it that made them come to the decision so quickly? do they just ask questions or get you to prove it for e.g if you say you can't bend over do they tell you to stand up and try bending over? stuff like that... thanks!

so far i've just sent a few letters to them pointing out their mistakes and proof, also sent a copy of medical records recently. hope they'll make some difference!