Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Sign this Petition to Stop Further Harassment of ESA Claimants

Please Sign this Petition to Stop Further Harassment of ESA Claimants

Allow ESA claimants to continue to be paid during the dispute process. Iain Duncan Smith plans to further penalise people who exercise their legal right to disagree with an ESA (Employment and Support Allowance) decision. He intends to stop paying ESA to them as soon as they ask the DWP to look at the decision again.This will have a devastating effect on the sick and vulnerable in our society, leaving them destitute with no money. This could so easily be rectified by allowing people to be paid ESA during the whole of the dispute process. Please ask Iain Duncan Smith to introduce this simple measure.

Why is this important?

There is only a month to get this proposal changed!!! At the end of October mandatory reconsideration is due to be introduced, under the Welfare Reform Act 2012.

Currently, if people disagree with a decision about their ESA entitlement they can appeal the decision right away. They will continue to be paid ESA at the assessment rate pending the appeal. For a single person this is £71.70pw- the same as JSA - hardly a fortune!! There are so many people appealing it can take up to a year for the appeal to be heard.

So Please Click on Link Below and SIGN the Petition, Thank You.

http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petition...ime=1379530586
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Account removed
    Done, but it's nice to see so many government doing so much for us.

I have signed and also shared.

signed..............

if this is what i saw on another forum then it will be disaster for many as it will leave loads with no money what so ever through out the reconsideration process so the alarm bells should be ringing on this forum as well.

just hope that many will sign although i don't think the government will budge until the legal challenges come from pressure groups which should of all ready happened before it got to this point.

on the other forum they are concerned as there is no safety net!

I think it's shocking what is going on in this country, I have noticed something and i could be wrong but people who live alone and appeal seem to keep the money they are on without it dropping, but people in couples who partner is worker seems to have their money stopped or reduced, might just seem that way from the different things i've actually read, but i wonder if this is what they will be doing under the new proposal that's mentioned here and that's why people in certain groups aren't doing more because when they do it that way people can't say that people are being left with nothing. It's all totally wrong but i think that's what the government is doing but like i say maybe it's just how i'm reading things

I live alone and as soon as I appealed my money dropped to £71 a week so not sure where you got that info from

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I live alone and as soon as I appealed my money dropped to £71 a week so not sure where you got that info from
    This Petition is Not mine nor is the information contained in it. I have only shared this in the hope that people will sign the petition.

Also you would still get your payment as you appealed before this reform has been applied, as it does not come into effect until after this month.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    This Petition is Not mine nor is the information contained in it. I have only shared this in the hope that people will sign the petition.

Also you would still get your payment as you appealed before this reform has been applied, as it does not come into effect until after this month.
    sorry was replying to the post by Freedomeagle

signed....................