Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: missing persons

missing persons

Calling AP, are you on holiday? are you unwell?
    why has Dave gone so suddenly?
    how come we never got to find out what happened to BB?(I miss him

the worst thing about when our friends go missing is the not knowing if their alright I miss sixchips

I miss them all too, and as you say, we wonder if they are ok. Even though we don't meet, we kind of feel for each other's difficulties, and of course feel happy when they post positive feelings.

All those who are still here, please stay! If ever for any reason I decided to leave the forum - I would post a thread to let people know, wouldn't you?

like you Susie I would say something if possible I know how worried I've been over regular posters who have for what ever reason stopped out of the blue so wouldn't want to worry anyone

I feel the same. People disappearing from the forum is worrying. Are they just taking "time out", has something happened to them? I would also try and post something if I was leaving, even if it was just for a week or two. I worry about our friends on here when they leave as we don't know if they are ok.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Thought Dave might be on holiday until I saw his username has 'guest' next to it. I do miss him, his posts, his knowledge and his experience and he was extremelyhelpful to loads of people. A true gentleman, he called a spade a spade and always considered things from all angles which is good I think. But he was never impolite and had a great sense of humour. But there were several occasions in recent weeks where he was personally attacked by a couple of posters for no reason other than stating the facts. Totally out of order from those posters and who needs that in their spare time.

And where has Wobble disappeared to ? AP did post she was considering taking a break due to so much griping re welfare reforms by a couple of new posters at the time, so may return.

Hi SFU wobble posted that he was taking a time out so should be wobbling back to us soon (hopefully)

AP and sixchips have just not been posting just hope they are both well and come back soon

as for Dave and BB they have both gone and took their posts with them and will both be missed BB for her cheery out look and humour and Dave well he was just great all round advise , humour , alway there ready to help if he could

wishing all our missing friends all the best we do miss you all xx

with any forum you will all ways find that people join, post then once they have answers more often you will not see them either again or for a while.

you will also find that on forums there will be regulars like us who make friends with each other, make posts but like with any forum people simply move on to something else which is shame when you no longer hear from them.

i am a member of another forum which has over 5,000 members and you see all of the above happening on there too.

it is a shame when people you make friends with do leave without letting people know but sadly this is forums for you.

mike

I don't think it helps when there are "negative" posters. If you do not agree with someone, fine, but it does not have to turn into a slanging match. We went through a period on here where there just seemed to be loads of negative posts, some of which became directed personally , which is very unfair. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and belief. If you do not agree, it does not give you the right to verbally attack someone.
    We have enough to deal with everyday without turning on each other.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblu64 View Post
    I don't think it helps when there are "negative" posters. If you do not agree with someone, fine, but it does not have to turn into a slanging match. We went through a period on here where there just seemed to be loads of negative posts, some of which became directed personally , which is very unfair. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and belief. If you do not agree, it does not give you the right to verbally attack someone.
    We have enough to deal with everyday without turning on each other.
    Yes BB, it was uncomfortable for a while, and I know several of us regular members tried to soften the situation. As you say, we should all respect each other. I do miss Dave's wit and down to earth/no nonsense advice.