Thread: Dla have lost my whole file !!!

les71uk

Dla have lost my whole file !!!

Hi just wondered if anyone else has had their complete file lost by the dla. I applied in jan 2013 and had medical and was up to stage of appealing and they've gone and list my complete file. Does anyone have any advice. I've re sent my original app form as had copy with the CAB and included a covering letter stating an update in my condition (fibro and arthritis) and a log if how many times I've phoned to ask for copy if medical report. It took them 6 months to tell me they'd lost them

vikstar
    Quote Originally Posted by les71uk View Post
    Hi just wondered if anyone else has had their complete file lost by the dla. I applied in jan 2013 and had medical and was up to stage of appealing and they've gone and list my complete file. Does anyone have any advice. I've re sent my original app form as had copy with the CAB and included a covering letter stating an update in my condition (fibro and arthritis) and a log if how many times I've phoned to ask for copy if medical report. It took them 6 months to tell me they'd lost them
    If you can prove that the DWP received your application and that they have lost your file, then they are in breech of The Data Protection Act 1998.

You can complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), whose website can be found through Google, and your M.P.

I would have posted the links, but then the post would risk being moderated by admin, which has happened to two other posts that I have just submitted on the " ESA. Severe disability premium advice please???" thread.

This forum is so annoying !! all types of spam and rubbish is allowed through, and yet I have had many helpful post delayed, or not showing up at all.
    Last edited by vikstar; 17-09-13 at 12:55.

Account removed
    I've had it with child credits they told me it would normally take about nine months due to a back log, then after nine months they said my file was still at the bottom, I said that unless your doing nothing at all but drinking tea then my file should have moved from the bottom, they got rather angry about that comment and said I'd get it when I'd get it.

I saw my MP she took it forward I had to re-apply and got my self compensation.

Telephone with a threat of reporting them to the ICO, and I think you will find that your file has magically made an appearance! Files do not get lost on their own, someone will be accountable.

technically they owe you. if they've lost your file make a complaint, and go to CAB and see what you can do. sorry but if the DWP suddently told me one day that they lost my file i'd be enraged. why should you have to suffer because of their carelessness?

Tinkybum
    Hi Les71uk,

I have after 11 months just been told the same, they have lost my file and made a decision based on zero history. I wonder if you have any resolve on this? Take care

If you have copies of previous applications and resulting decisions, then you could copy these and send them to whoever is in charge... I asked for copies of everything they had on record for me from my local Jobcentre Plus and they sent me a great wodge of stuff, which incidentally helped with my application change-over from IB to ESA.

I also keep copies of everything, plus all letters etc from ATOS and DWP.
    Also send everything back by recorded delivery, that way you have proof of posting and that they recieved the forms etc.
    I would think your file is "temporarily" lost. It has probably been filed wrongly, overlooked or put out to wrong department.
    Keep on at them, saying they have the responsibilty for your file and data etc.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

i was a yr down the line with my dla and they sent letter saying they had lost everything so i got in touch with my social worker who rang them and we had to fill form out again luckly i had kept copies of everything so sent all that too registered post this was about a month ago got the brown envelope yesterday i was awarded higher mobility and lower care for 11 moths which means i carnt apply for a car now so i dont know if to appeal this or wat