Thread: ESA. Severe disability premium advice please???

xxxgaynorxxx

ESA. Severe disability premium advice please???

Hi. I am in receipt of income related ESA and placed in support group. I also receive high care DLA. My son came to live with me temporary until he finds accommodation. He is also in receipt of ESA and in support group and get high rate care DLA. Before he moved in I got severe disability premium added to my benefit. Now that has been stopped. Nobody cares for me or claims carers allowance. Am I still entitled to it as my son is incapable of caring for me. I'm confused???? Thanks in advance.

SDP is usually stopped when you are no longer living on your own and the other person has income.
    I had exactly the same thing, I used to get SDP when I lived on my own, now I live with my partner who works, I no longer get it.
    I think it applies if the other person is working or on benefits.
    Pretty sure that is how it works, but if I have it wrong I am sure someone on here will have the right info.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

vikstar
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxgaynorxxx View Post
    Hi. I am in receipt of income related ESA and placed in support group. I also receive high care DLA. My son came to live with me temporary until he finds accommodation. He is also in receipt of ESA and in support group and get high rate care DLA. Before he moved in I got severe disability premium added to my benefit. Now that has been stopped. Nobody cares for me or claims carers allowance. Am I still entitled to it as my son is incapable of caring for me. I'm confused???? Thanks in advance.
    This is not a straight forward issue. A key fact here may be that you and your son are both in receipt of HR Care DLA.

Another important factor may be whether your son's ESA is IR ESA or CB ESA.

You need to get a benefits check done by CAB or the like.

Although the info on the links below mentions Income Support, the same would apply for IR ESA.

https://www.gov.uk/disability-premiu...rt/eligibility

http://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/dis...ypremiums.aspx

vikstar
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxgaynorxxx View Post
    I have posted some info with links on it. It appears that this has gone to site admin for approval, so it should show up eventually.

In the mean time try inputting your personal info into this benefits calculator.

http://www.turn2us.org.uk/benefits_search.aspx